Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Black Cleaver on Vayne

Creator: FantasySniper January 25, 2014 4:17pm
FantasySniper
<Member>
FantasySniper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2014 4:17pm | Report
Because Vayne focuses down one enemy at a time to make maximum use of her Silver Bolts, how viable is it to grab Black Cleaver?

Health is always great, especially since Vayne has bad escape ability compared to some other ADCs, and like other ADCs is inherently squishy.
Damage is always great.
CR is really wasted on Vayne, but it can make the moments between Tumbles less, and you're sooner able to use Final Hour.
Armor Pen is always nice, no matter how little it is;

And the Passive is why I thought it would do well for Vayne. You're focusing one enemy to proc your Bolts as often as possible, so this would synergize rather well.

So would it be a good idea to get this item over Last Whisper? Is it simply a situational item for Vayne?

This is now a Last Whisper vs. Black Cleaver thread, LW is better in every other case depending on enemy team comp, so it could simply be a situational item to grab.
If you want to help me, teach me.
LevasK
<Member>
LevasK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2014 4:40pm | Report
So first of all which item would you replace in a standard Vayne build: Blade of the Ruined King, Berserker's Greaves, Phantom Dancer, Last Whisper, Infinity Edge, Guardian Angel.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
FantasySniper
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2014 5:27pm | Report
LevasK wrote:

So first of all which item would you replace in a standard Vayne build: Blade of the Ruined King, Berserker's Greaves, Phantom Dancer, Last Whisper, Infinity Edge, Guardian Angel.

I would probably end up replacing GA preferably, or maybe IE
If you can find a good reason for me to replace LW, I could end up replacing that, since apparently it would depend on the enemy team comp for wether or not it or BC would be more efficient.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2014 5:34pm | Report
Why would you replace IE though? It's the highest AD item in your build and gives a massive increase in damage on crits. Replacing GA means that if you get caught, you're dead instantly. The GA even helps you survive poke a little.
FantasySniper
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2014 5:35pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

Why would you replace IE though? It's the highest AD item in your build and gives a massive increase in damage on crits. Replacing GA means that if you get caught, you're dead instantly. The GA even helps you survive poke a little.

Ok, so only Last Whisper would be the one to be potentially replaced.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2014 5:51pm | Report

Ok, so only Last Whisper would be the one to be potentially replaced.

That's not exactly the best idea either. You lose out on a lot of up-front armor penetration.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2014 9:40pm | Report
The BC would be really good if Vayne didn't already murder everyone with BotRK-PD. And you're only proccing it on 2/3 of your autos, and at most twice on condemn.

Basically MOBAFire.
Mousy
<Altruistic Artist>
Mousy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2014 3:34am | Report
I personally do abit of an all in build for Vayne which is: Blade of the Ruined King, Berserker's Greaves,[Phantom Dancer]], Phantom Dancer, Bloodthirster, Guardian Angel.

This focuses on getting your silver bolts proc off as much as you can and not worrying massively about armour pen which is why there is no Last Whisper because of this I normally get extra life steal to help keep me up during the fights. You can always sell one Phantom Dancer for a Last Whisper if you really feel you don't get enough damage out!

So in the whole Last Whisper or Black Cleaver I say no to both pretty much every game just another view point :)
If I helped then a +REP would be lovely :3

Custom wallpaper, signature or banner?

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide