Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Blasting before Sheen for Lich Bane?

Creator: B-Wong September 26, 2010 9:06am
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2010 9:06am | Report
Who else does this other than me? I really don't see the point in getting the Sheen before the Blasting Wand DEPENDING ON YOUR CHARACTER. If you're a straight up burst damage mage player, I don't see the point in getting the Blasting Wand before Sheen because you'll probably be dishing out more damage with Sheen before Blasting but on support characters, I think it's a lot more vital to get a Blasting Wand before Sheen (more AP = bigger heals/supporty ****). Just what I do myself, anyone else?

Squall
<Member>
Squall's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2010 9:54am | Report
I think that's not really important is it? Sheen gives you addtional Mana and just 15AP less than Blasting Wand. There is no big difference.

Ya, if you play a non-attacking-just-casting-or-healing-char-with-no-mana-issues, i would buy Blasting Wand too :P

It is hero dependant, but i think for the most heroes Sheen would be better first
sup bro.
SinDelta
<Member>
SinDelta's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2010 7:40pm | Report
I usually buy the Sheen first only because it is the more expensive item out of the Lich Bane recipe, the 100% attack buff is a nice too for harassing until you can finish lich
Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnnySceneTM
Ernil
<Member>
Ernil's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2010 11:47pm | Report
Definetly Sheen first - but be carefull tho, most champions a lichbane is completely ****.
My mains with guides !

caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 28, 2010 3:37am | Report
i never build into lichbane, i don't know why it just seems like a pretty bad item for the champions i play. when i do get sheen its to build into trinity force, and so far i only get that on 2 different champions,

urgot, for his need of mana and the spam spell

my dps nasus, seeing as how its works great with siphoning strike.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 28, 2010 3:57pm | Report
caucheka wrote:

i never build into lichbane, i don't know why it just seems like a pretty bad item for the champions i play. when i do get sheen its to build into trinity force, and so far i only get that on 2 different champions,

urgot, for his need of mana and the spam spell

my dps nasus, seeing as how its works great with siphoning strike.

Well... probably since those aren't AP-based champs :P

TcelesBHsup
<Member>
TcelesBHsup's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2010 12:48pm | Report
I get Sheen first as an AP Twisted Fate, and would in many cases, esp my Nasus build (of course)

Reason for this is that I find it much more useful to get the "burstiness" of sheen much earlier, because it catches people off guard before they have usually gotten into their Magic resist part of their build.

I usually leave it as Sheen for a while too and build a soulstealer if the game is going well or rod of ages if it isn't. I usually don't upgrade until after I get my Zhonya's ring, because if your doing that much damage you need something to save you from getting focused.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2010 1:26pm | Report
>< i just noticed this now b-wong. i play some mages too but i think lichbane isn't worth it really on them.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2010 1:54pm | Report
Lich bane only good on people that uses it with spells... Shaco. nidalee . ezreal. Akali
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2010 4:16pm | Report

Lich bane only good on people that uses it with spells (If you're playing them as AP)... Shaco. nidalee . ezreal. Akali

fix'd

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide