Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Free Wu-Kong This Week, Let's Chat.

Creator: AncientNecro December 14, 2011 4:57pm
1 2
AncientNecro
<Member>
AncientNecro's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2011 4:57pm | Report
Wu-Kong is free this week. I love him. I don't feel like any of the guides on here do him justice, but perhaps they simply do not fit my play style.

I'd love to hear what you guys have done with him so far.

As for me, my build is pretty simple and straightforward. I haven't put it into a guide yet, because I don't have time. I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions, and I apologize for the wall of text.

Wu Said He Dead

RUNES

9 Armor Penetration Marks.
9 Flat Magic Resistance Glyphs.
9 .75% Dodge Seals. (they are leaving Friday, but I'm getting my fun out of them!)
3 3 Flat AD Quints

MASTERIES

21/9 All the way. Sometimes even straight offense is cool with the runes keeping you safe early on.

SUMMONER SPELLS
I like Flash + Clarity.

Flash: Half the time, I'm using it to get in range of my chase-down spell. The other half, it saves my life. Good spell. If you're really pro with your escape ability, you might go for something else.

Clarity: YES! A lot of people say WTF when I get this, but it keeps me in lane better than anything else. I clear minions faster, I keep my 3 harass combo going, and I can stay safe knowing my escape is always fueled. The extra farm you get out of this alone makes it worth it imho.

Others: ****, yeah. Go for em. They'll probably rock, dude.

ITEMS

I really don't care if I'm solo laning or not, I like to go Cloth Armor + 5 pots at the start. With clarity, this lets me lane forever if I play safe around an AP.

Then I go for Ninja Tabi + start building razors bloodthingy. Sometimes I opt for Mercurys treads if facing loads of CC.

Once you got Your bloodclaw or whatever the hell the name is, feel free to play around. One of my favorite combos is Bloodthirster, Tiamat + Tiamat + End game relevant item. You're a wave clearing god with those tiamats, and they really make you play to your full effectiveness when diving into teamfights. You can bolt out, heal up a bit, and bolt back in. Your passive only adds to the fun!

So enough of me, what are you guys doing with him?

AncientNecro
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2011 4:59pm | Report
Before I get flamed to hell - I am/was extremely stoned writing all of that.

Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2011 5:10pm | Report
Clairty until a massive buff happens on it is just useless.

Granted it may get you early kills and lane sustain but mid / end game it falls off wayyyyyyy to hard my friend, sorry...
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Rozsud3k
<Member>
Rozsud3k's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2011 5:17pm | Report
Why use Clarity when you can, y'know, last hit?

Tiamat? It helps farming but in a teamfight, you're going nowhere.

Madred's Bloodrazors, situational.

I don't think Cloth + 5pot would be a "take this" for every game (of course)

Half of me is going "Hunh" and the other half is going "Trololol" just by looking at this build.

You said that "like to go Cloth Armor + 5 pots at the start. With clarity, this lets me lane forever if I play safe around an AP.", but the biggest problem is that against an aggressive laner, you'll burn through those pots fast. And while the AP may pose intimidation against the enemy, when you're up against a tough lane like Taric + Caitlyn, this build won't really shine.

I don't even
AncientNecro
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2011 7:34pm | Report
The Clarity really comes in handy late game for me. Usually during a push, 3 or 4 rotations of my 3-move combo kill my mana bar completely.

Yeah cloth + 5 is kinda cliche' :)

The Tiamats are crucial though. You'd have to try it to see. With your passive and ult both being geared toward putting Wu-Kong right in the middle of things, the splash damage really adds up. Since he's an in-and-out burst character (the way I play him, anyway), you pull off your combo, move back to safety and are regen'd enough in only a few seconds to get back into the fight. Bushes are my friend :D

I still only play normal games, not ranked, so I'm sure the skills of the opposing teams factor in, and this build would be squished quickly. In all the games I'm joining though, I'm either doing extremely well, or simply making bad play calls.

BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2011 7:46pm | Report
Not for nothing, but when I see someone with Clarity I assume they cannot lane. If you need mana thaaaat badly run some form of flat regen runes. Try ghostblade on Wukong.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
AncientNecro
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2011 11:39pm | Report
o.O the Ghostblade is a good idea. I'll give it a test. I'm not too bad of a laner, I just like to be able to sustain and stay in lane until level 7-8 before going back, and this is the best way I've found so far to do that on Wu-Kong.

I'll give the Ghostblade a shot next game and get back to you though. Perhaps.

Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2011 3:06am | Report
Arp Marks
Armor Seals
Mr/lvl Glyphs
Armor or Hp/5 Quints

9/21/0 Masteries

Ghost/Ignite

Wukong has always been my favourite champion, if you have him down it's almost impossible to force you out of lane and as soon as you got your wriggles you can pressure alot.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

AncientNecro
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2011 8:21am | Report
Wintermond wrote:

Arp Marks
Armor Seals
Mr/lvl Glyphs
Armor or Hp/5 Quints

9/21/0 Masteries

Ghost/Ignite

Wukong has always been my favourite champion, if you have him down it's almost impossible to force you out of lane and as soon as you got your wriggles you can pressure alot.

^ This kind of conforms to most of the builds that still don't fit my playstyle. I see no reason to take full defensive masteries on a champ that has such sweet evasion skill. Use it!

---I concede on my point about Clarity though. You guys are right. The ghostblade did not work for me, but I found that building an early sheen let me lane even better. Plus, it adds some juice to the evasion ability (scales ap), and fits well with a basic attack between all of my abilities.

I dropped Clarity, took Teleport, and pwned face :D

Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2011 9:03am | Report
Defense masteries are so sexy with his passive, he already got tons of firepower.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide