Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Irelia, Still viable?

Creator: WarlordShen June 24, 2012 5:12am
1 2
samgoeslol
<Member>
samgoeslol's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2012 2:39pm | Report
imo irelia is still a top pick for a bruiser-type toplane. She has amazing latemid-lategame and has all the tools one needs to snowball ahead.

greez
<-summonername on EUW: strawhatbro
check out my blog
+rep if you like my posts^^
watch my stream
follow me on twitter and facebook
SkullzX
<Member>
SkullzX's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2012 2:18am | Report
irelia is still viable even after the 20 or so nerfs...I still commonly see her in solo queue especially if the enemy picks someone like kennen or vlad top...idk why but i always see her verse Ap top I don't play her but, I can see why AP caster must hate her...she has a gap closer/STUN! Also she still has good sustain!
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2012 2:40am | Report
she's still a strong pick.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2012 4:09am | Report
But she is countered by Nasus, because you can't burst him down before he lifesteals all back and both of you just farm. And you know what a farmed Nasus can do?

Same counts for Jax, he can dodge her true dmg and hurt her all day long. Also scales better than her.
Somalie
<Member>
Somalie's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 1, 2012 2:59pm | Report
And what ?

If a champ can't do **** in 2 match-ups, is it not viable ?

And Irelia doesn't care about scaling, her base damage are so good she can build tanky while being able to shut down a squishy. That's why she can not be compared to jax in term of "scaling".
English is not my native langage, I'm sorry about how painful to read my text are :c
Copperratt
<Member>
Copperratt's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2012 9:36am | Report
She is very viable. As I was in a game recently with an Irelia (which we lost) she still went 12/7/8. Which means, in turn, she destroys even when her team is loosing.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2012 12:00pm | Report
It is just, that Irelia is outclassed by 2 of the most dangerous champions if farmed in league of legends. If you get counterpicked by them you have pretty much screwed your whole team.
WarlordShen
<Member>
WarlordShen's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 15, 2012 3:24am | Report
Thank's for your input guys :)
Hi, I'm WarlordShen (PLXG Katekyo) (Xander)
Mazuran
<Member>
Mazuran's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 15, 2012 3:50am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

It is just, that Irelia is outclassed by 2 of the most dangerous champions if farmed in league of legends. If you get counterpicked by them you have pretty much screwed your whole team.

I call BS on the first sentence - every damn champion will wreck if they're farmed. Which is why the current metagame revolves around maximising the farm potential. And Nasus is easily countered by just denying him farm... Which means you've just cut out the largest damage source he has...
Also, following that logic, Veigar is one of the best SoloTop counters to Irelia.

Counterpicking is a fair enough point, but if you're picking your solo lanes first you're asking to be countered. GG y'all...
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide