Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Kassadin: Need Optimized Netherblade-Oriented...

Creator: SrsBsns1338 December 30, 2010 5:03am
1 2
SrsBsns1338
<Member>
SrsBsns1338's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2010 5:03am | Report
I'm trying to come up with the best possible melee Kassadin build, heavily oriented around Offense/Defense masteries, rune compositioning, skill order, and most importantly the items and ordering. Anyone on these forums have the brains to help me come up with the absolute best Netherblade-Oriented "Melee" assassin build? If you think you're a veteran LoL player and know the game from A to B, then consider this a challenge from me to you. Post your ideas, and have at it!
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2010 5:09am | Report
first off nice profile name. was srsbsns1337 taken?

nah i kid i kdi. but i'll try to think up something. just you wait.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
SrsBsns1338
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2010 5:25am | Report
*laughs* Yea, it was taken. :P I hope you're able to cook up something good so I can take it to Summoner's Drift asap! xD I've been doing my research on what would be the best item, but I want to make sure that Kass can dish out some serious damage fast, thus enabling his spammability.

I have my eyes set on Nashor's Tooth for some reason because I know it'd make mana insanely easy to manage while providing the means to wail on foes with the rest of the damage items. But then I think, "Kass also needs sum srs pew-pew damage! Not just IAS... So I have my eyes set upon the Guinsoo's Rageblade, Hextech Gunblade, and the Black Cleaver. Also, for runes I was thinking a hybrid between the core elements: armor pen., magic pen., and a.p.. I don't know which is greater, so I'm hoping posters will read my posts and share some of their awesome wisdom with me.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2010 5:48am | Report
so, you're looking for a hybrid build?
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
ZeroRacer
<Member>
ZeroRacer's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2010 6:02am | Report
I...I can't believe it. I made an account here just to get this same question answered.

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/1227-kass-will-whoop-your-***-damage-kassadin.xhtml
Above is the build by chainsawmonkey, he has one of the few reputations for being a respected hybrid kass main on leaguecraft. Could someone help optimize it a bit? I still find the early-mid game...lacking. Sure, once you got your trini force and begin building your other late game items it's fun analing people with your purple lightsaber, but I just feel so useless during the mid game skirmishes.

Edit: Also tried out the highest rated resident build on mobafire for dps kassadin. It was different enough from the chainsawmonkey build that I would be interested enough to try it. Sadly...I don't know, even with a decent team I couldn't output the damage needed to really be useful.
SrsBsns1338
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2010 8:44am | Report
ZeroRacer wrote:

I...I can't believe it. I made an account here just to get this same question answered.

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/1227-kass-will-whoop-your-***-damage-kassadin.xhtml
Above is the build by chainsawmonkey, he has one of the few reputations for being a respected hybrid kass main on leaguecraft. Could someone help optimize it a bit? I still find the early-mid game...lacking. Sure, once you got your trini force and begin building your other late game items it's fun analing people with your purple lightsaber, but I just feel so useless during the mid game skirmishes.

Edit: Also tried out the highest rated resident build on mobafire for dps kassadin. It was different enough from the chainsawmonkey build that I would be interested enough to try it. Sadly...I don't know, even with a decent team I couldn't output the damage needed to really be useful.

Not quite what I was looking for, but it's aight nonetheless. Thank you for pointing the page out for me to see it. It just looks pretty much like an inferior carry build. Master Yi or other carries can prolly do it better... :/ I was thinking more like Guinsoo, Hextech Gunblade, Lichbane, etc.
ZeroRacer
<Member>
ZeroRacer's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2010 12:27pm | Report
Well, think about it, if you wanted to play yi, play yi. But my question to you is, does yi have a get out of hell card, doubling as an initiation move, a powerful aoe slow, and a single target silence? His moves keep useful because of sheer utility. But I agree with you, there are many ways to go about doing this build and even with my mild success with it I find it lacking something that would have made it more viable.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2010 9:56am | Report

*laughs* Yea, it was taken. :P I hope you're able to cook up something good so I can take it to Summoner's Drift asap! xD I've been doing my research on what would be the best item, but I want to make sure that Kass can dish out some serious damage fast, thus enabling his spammability.

I hope you're able to cook up something good so I can take it to Summoner's Drift asap!

Summoner's Drift

So this is suddenly a racing game?
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Kael312
<Member>
Kael312's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2010 10:37am | Report
id play that, like mario cart, just all the champs in there different cars/carts

think it was a snowdown pun though
Blind Monk =/= Udyr. Please do not make that mistake; Blind Monk was made of pure awesome, from concentrate. - Guinsoo
Manass
<Member>
Manass's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2011 10:31am | Report
Lol @ drift.

But back to business

Items:
Malady
Black cleaver
Hextech gunblade
Frozen mallet
Berserker's greaves