Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Manamune on Nocturne

Creator: EvilDice March 20, 2011 10:39am
1 2
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2011 1:33am | Report
Played Noct ALOT already coz i realy like him, and i must say that... No... so far his skills are fairly cheap so you dont have mana problems unless you spam your shield like a madman.

Many Noc's are jungling so you should have blue buff quite frequently. I dont. I prefer laneing. And if you do stuff correctly (not try to kill with your Q but utilize the speed and AD it provides) you should have nearly 0 mana problems (i only have problems on lvl 6-8 when i am used to roam the map and assist or get kills on other lanes which makes me use Q quite frequently without visiting base).

There are better items for him, and later on Manamune will just block a space in your inventory.
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Atheb
<Member>
Atheb's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2011 4:22am | Report
uh dewo you lane him 2? nice

to manamune: too build up tear you will need to spam your skills more than normal. even than you wont build it up fast as you dont spam abillities as much as urgot ez and corki.
so you spam your abillitys for building up tear which will cause you to be oom.... i personally get a catalyst often it will help you more with mana and can be built into a banshees veil.
with tear -> manamune you will sacrifice your early damage which is great with noc
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2011 8:24pm | Report
I actually liked Manamune on Noc...but I'm a skill-spammin' mana-***** on anyone with low mana.
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 9:58am | Report
Yes i do Atheb, I just cant stand all those kills that would get away while i was doing nothin in jungle.

@ The_Nameless_Bard
If you are spamming spells, than use mp5 runes? Usualy it is enaugh and Nocturne isnt REALY nessesary to get manamune, i am spammin like hell, damn i am even using Clarity on many champions coz of that and ppl dont like it :P And for me it is realy hard to go oom on nocturne... Afc if you mindlesly spam E without the chance of scoring a kill anyway you will go oom.

The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 10:17am | Report
I only played Noc a few times, he's really not my type at all.
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 10:24am | Report
As far as i see AP champs are your type and even if you play a carry you go for AP :P

The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 11:24am | Report
That sounds about right....lol
I saw someone play an AP Noc and he carried hard, but it's not really viable in my opinion...
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 12:19pm | Report
Archangels' staff and Manamune are two items that should be avoided except only in the most extreme cases. I used to buy archangels on almost every caster I played, but then I realized that Rod of Ages is far better for more or less the same price. Champions like karthus (who can stack them for maximum glass cannon ultimate post-mortum), taric (who needs a massive mana pool for his ultimate), ryze, and few others should buy it. The above mentioned urgot, ezreal, and corki should buy manamune, but it should be otherwise avoided.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 12:31pm | Report
I made this thread when Noc first came out. Since then I have concluded that Manamune is not the right direction to go :P

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 2:54pm | Report
Trojan995 wrote:

Archangels' staff and Manamune are two items that should be avoided except only in the most extreme cases. I used to buy archangels on almost every caster I played

Same :3
But back then I mostly did it for the AP. There was no deathcap back then.

Quoted:
Champions like karthus (who can stack them for maximum glass cannon ultimate post-mortum), taric (who needs a massive mana pool for his ultimate), ryze, and few others should buy it. The above mentioned urgot, ezreal, and corki should buy manamune, but it should be otherwise avoided.

Taric is debatable, but the others are great with Arch Staff/Manamune.
I guess Ezreal doesn't need it either, but the extra AD while totally eliminating any mana trouble you might run into is nice.
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse

"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide