Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Overcoming Zilean's Mana Trouble

Creator: Mrs Warboys September 20, 2011 1:36am
Mrs Warboys
<Member>
Mrs Warboys's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2011 1:36am | Report
So I just got Zilean since I heard he's strong and he's a shed load of fun. I like to play him as a support.

I'm finding myself completely crippled for mana for most of the game, unless I get a Chalice of Harmony. This is even when running a 9/0/21 build and using Clarity seals.

I've tried spamming Doran's Rings, seems to do ok but I hate wasting cash on stuff I'll eventually sell. Tried Tear of the Goddess but you can't spam until late game, so it takes too long to build imo. Rod of Ages usually takes me too long to build too, and as a support that's probably a good thing.

Is Chalice the only option or am I missing something? So many times I head back to lane after shopping, take part in a gank and then have to go back home because I'm completely out of mana again.
GoliathGTX
<Member>
GoliathGTX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2011 2:15am | Report
Philosopher's Stone? Not sure if Fiendish Codex is helpful or not.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2011 5:36am | Report
Zilean depends onto blue buff. Get flat mana regen for earlygame and the 2. blue buff. Then get any blue buff. You need it.
eternalShuckle
<Member>
eternalShuckle's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2011 10:46am | Report
problem with chalice? it is the best mana regen item for its cost in the game. I get it on almost any champ that uses a lot of mana, and I spam as much as I want. It would be my first item on zilean. Then you go for 40 CDR and AP and win.
samgoeslol
<Member>
samgoeslol's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2011 2:18pm | Report
just build mp5/lvl (since the break even is rly early on that1) and go mid dont support since against good players you will push the lane with bombs and steal cs aka not good supporting

greez sam
<-summonername on EUW: strawhatbro
check out my blog
+rep if you like my posts^^
watch my stream
follow me on twitter and facebook
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2011 2:20pm | Report

So I just got Zilean since I heard he's strong and he's a shed load of fun. I like to play him as a support.

I'm finding myself completely crippled for mana for most of the game, unless I get a Chalice of Harmony. This is even when running a 9/0/21 build and using Clarity seals.

I've tried spamming Doran's Rings, seems to do ok but I hate wasting cash on stuff I'll eventually sell. Tried Tear of the Goddess but you can't spam until late game, so it takes too long to build imo. Rod of Ages usually takes me too long to build too, and as a support that's probably a good thing.

Is Chalice the only option or am I missing something? So many times I head back to lane after shopping, take part in a gank and then have to go back home because I'm completely out of mana again.

For one, Zilean isn't a support. He's an AP carry meant to be played mid. As Elementz said, you need two of three things to be a support, sustain, shields, and CC - he has one.

For your mana problems though - get blue buff, as said before, he's REALLY reliant on it. Other than that you can get your Catalyst to build into a Rod of Ages or something. If you're still struggling, try Flash/Teleport rather than Flash/Ignite.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide