Cho'Gath Build Guide by Hunteraiu
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
When you just want to Nom
Auto Attack Cho
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Welcome to my guide on Cho'Gath, The Terror of the Void. Cho'Gath was the first champion I ever played in League of Legends, however I started playing him very rigidly as a tank with a little AP. More recently I began to test the boundaries of Cho'Gath. I have played him pure tank, AD, Critical Strike, Hybrid, Pure AP, APAS and AP tank. I quickly learned that Cho'Gath was a champion of versatility only limited by imagination and personal skill with Cho'Gath. Cho'Gath also became a suprisingly useful champion to master for ranked and draft pick games due to his Versatility and ability to play in every lane or in the jungle. Here is the Lore for Cho'Gath before this guide is started.
Pros / Cons
- >Levels up fast
- >Able to create momentum: the faster you level, the more you farm, and the more you destroy.
- >Surprisingly strong early game, Poke the opposite player(s) with Rupture to keep them from farming efficiently.
- >Sustainability: He is able to stay in lane for long periods, due to Carnivore, Mana Regen, and Health Regen.
- >Escapability(Don't care if the word is fake) With a Knock-Up, Silence, Flash, and movement Speed. Cho'Gath can be very difficult to capture. Your Rupture is also useful in Saving teammates or stopping escapes.
- >Versatility: As stated above, Cho'Gath can be built in many different ways based on each situation. He can also play in multiple positions making him a great first pick in Draft Pick Queues.
- >Burst Damage: Can Look like he is losing the fight, and suddenly eat the opponent. Also useful for diving out of bushes on unwary enemies.
- >Can Be destroyed if momentum is lost. Stay alive and in lane for as long as possible.
- >Vulnerable to stuns. If Cho'Gath is ganked by the enemy team he is normally fine, if he is stunned, silence, or turned into a stupid rabbit :P He will quickly be overwhelmed. It is best to stay close to your teammates unless you know where 3 of the 5 enemies are.
- >Burst Damage: yes this is a Pro and A Con, Cho'Gath is not always the best against ADCs/APCs with high Life Steal or Health. Best to end fights quickly, even if you do have high health.
Best Combo I've found is Rupture, then Feral Scream, And Either (Feast) or (Auto-Attack until Rupture is back, then Feast) It will look like this (Q,W,R) OR (Q,W,AA,Q,R)
Rupture is a great initiator, I usually use it to poke low-health champions behind tower or checking bushes.
Passive: (Carnivore) Whenever Cho'Gath kills a unit, he recovers 17 + (3 × level) health and 3.25 + (0.25 × level) mana.
This is what makes Cho'Gath sustain so easily throughout the game