Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Fav top lane champion and why?

Creator: TotemTiki July 20, 2014 6:16am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
TotemTiki
<Member>
TotemTiki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2014 2:13am | Report
KatariFIRE wrote:

Doesn't play much top but if to choose one...

I choose Renekton, not because he is a top-tier pick but I really like his play style.
He has a great mobility great sustain, and his ability combo with AA-cancel does insane damage even without much Item.
The main reason why I like him is his design, a giant crocodile with huge butcher blade and that voice of him really fit words "Bully".
He is really aggressive by both his mechanic and his design.

My mastery page is:

My runes are:

AD Quint X 3
Flat arm-pen x 9
Flat armor seal x 9
Flat mr x 9

My Item set depend on situation but usually is:

Fiora is my most successful champion in "league of legend" (but doesn't mean my favorite).

I love Rengar and try so hard to main him, however, I like him in a jungle more than top.
He really can scare people, Carry hearths will beat fast when his ultimate is on.
He jump out of nowhere and land his combo in a blink of an eyes, someone will die before they even react properly.

I usually play as Zed, he is really safe to play on top lane especially when you already have a tanky champ and need an assassin, play him a LOT!! but not my favorite.

Yeah, I love Renekton's theme. Also, do you think a 21/9/0 mastery on Renekton is legit? I just use that more often than not. And what do you think is better, Flat armor seals or flat health?
TYVM Ubby for this AMAZING Sig!
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2014 3:40am | Report
TotemTiki wrote:

So, seeing that Blade of the Ruined King got somewhat nerfed, do you think that piking up a hydra is an option? And also do you think that Greater Seal of Armor is a better option than Greater Seal of Health? I just run health on everyone, and think that armor seals are too nerfed to use.

I still think Blade of the Ruined King still has better synergy with Irelia that Ravenous Hydra, since it gives attack speed, meaning she can deal more true damage with Hiten Style activated. The active of the item hasn't gotten to the point where you shouldn't use the item at all.

However, what I am seeing is that some players merely build Bilgewater Cutlass, but then just complete Trinity Force first, rather than rushing Blade of the Ruined King. Then there are some people who just don't build Blade of the Ruined King nor Ravenous Hydra at all. I just find the item to be quite strong all the same, so I build it.

As for armor vs hp, both are fine. The main difference is that since I know I build Phage into Trinity Force early on, I don't get to build much early armour until mid-game with Warden's Mail/ Randuin's Omen compared to hp and most matchups are AD based anyway - Jax/ Renekton/etc. I only prefer hp seals when the opponent deals more magic damage, like Vladimir/ Kennen/ Elise/etc.
For utter hilarity, click >>here<<!

KatariFIRE
<Member>
KatariFIRE's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 23, 2014 9:03am | Report
TotemTiki wrote:

Yeah, I love Renekton's theme. Also, do you think a 21/9/0 mastery on Renekton is legit? I just use that more often than not. And what do you think is better, Flat armor seals or flat health?

21/9/0 is good if you have confident that you will dominate your lane early on.
As I stated before that I didn't play much top lane because I really love jungle, I build 9/21/0 to be safer gameplay and because Renekton already deal a massive damage early with his full combo, So, many people rush him a defensive item like Sunfire Aegis first.

Seal of health seems to be a good choice, it can improve your tankiness with both AD and AP damage.
I use Seal of Flat Armor because I do jungle A LOT!! and jungle creeps deal physical damage, and I simply don't have enough money to buy both of them (I spent my silver to get many jungle Champ Nocturne, Kha'Zix, Rengar, Fiora "I even play fiora as jungler ha ha ha" ).
"There is the Hunter and the Hunted"
bitpik
<Member>
bitpik's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2014 5:10am | Report
Electro522 wrote:

But youre playing Nasus. You want as much cs as you can get, and when you have an item that has the possibilty of making you miss cs, then it takes away some potential stacks on your q.

Taking away potential stacks because of iceborn gauntlet? I think triforce is better on Nasus but Iceborn gauntlet's AoE proccs Q kills aswell, meaning that if a minion with 10 hp and a minion with 100 hp are next to eachother you can easily get both because of it. Iceborn actually makes it easier to stack in that sense and the extra pushing power is good.
I was born nude but now i am dude
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2014 2:12pm | Report
Xin Zhao all the way. Can easily outplay all other tops if played well.
TotemTiki
<Member>
TotemTiki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2014 7:23am | Report
Xin Zhao all the way. Can easily outplay all other tops if played well.

IS that so? Its just that Xin has no ranged harass without having to "get his hands dirty", so to speak, so any top with ranged harass could be able to gain some sort of advantage, right? Lets take Kennen for example. Xin can't go aggressive, since Kennen can either Lightning Rush away or get 3 stacks of Mark of the Storm and AA Xin.
TYVM Ubby for this AMAZING Sig!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2014 7:49am | Report
Well, Kennen beats any top laner, so, yeah...
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2014 7:53am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Everytime I think Cooper is more stupid than you are, then you come up with a statement like this. Tell me, how do you do it?
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2014 10:40am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Who's kennen?

tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2014 11:31am | Report
Kennen only wins against champions who have little to no sustain and can't gapclose very well. There are plenty of champions who can handle him at top.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide