Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Fav top lane champion and why?

Creator: TotemTiki July 20, 2014 6:16am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
TotemTiki
<Member>
TotemTiki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2014 3:31am | Report
tehAsian wrote:
Kennen only wins against champions who have little to no sustain and can't gapclose very well. There are plenty of champions who can handle him at top.

But what is the point of gap-closing if Kennen can just Lightning Rush away? You can try, but don't forget, he becomes untargetable as well, so he can just run you through(literally), wait to return to normal mode, land his stun and beat on you. Sustain helps, as does ranged harass. Gapclosing won't do much when he avoids all the damage that comes with it.
TYVM Ubby for this AMAZING Sig!
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2014 3:44am | Report
Pretty sure Lightning Rush doesn't make you untargetable.

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
TotemTiki
<Member>
TotemTiki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2014 4:12am | Report
yeah sry it doesn't :3
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2014 4:27am | Report
Just an example:

Irelia (if played correctly) can Q to a minion, stun kennen, chunk half of his hp before he can even try and get away and then she still has another Q because of the refresh
TotemTiki
<Member>
TotemTiki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2014 5:55am | Report
Vynertje wrote:
Just an example:

Irelia (if played correctly) can Q to a minion, stun kennen, chunk half of his hp before he can even try and get away and then she still has another Q because of the refresh

Yeah, but she has to have less % health than him. The stun is 2 seconds, then your cooldowns are burned, and he still has his stuff. He can Shuriken you, get his stun off and you will be forced to back.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2014 6:41am | Report
Oh no, now Irelia has to recover her HP on minions. Which she does in like 1 minion wave.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2014 6:52am | Report
TotemTiki wrote:

Yeah, but she has to have less % health than him. The stun is 2 seconds, then your cooldowns are burned, and he still has his stuff. He can Shuriken you, get his stun off and you will be forced to back.

Right now you're just ignorant.

Irelia will pretty much always be lower %hp than kennen because he has ranged poke. As I said, you can Q to a minion to get the refresh so you still have all your cooldowns + you don't deal damage on him so you get a 100% free stun. Once he tries to run you just Q on him again so he can't get away.

Kennen is a really easy matchup for Irelia. If he doesn't rush any defense you can 1-shot him after getting double doran's + sheen (after 6) or he'll be forced to pop his ult/flash to run away. He doesn't have enough damage to kill you in a full combo rotation and ire's passive means your stuns are only marginally effective.

I have over 200 games of Irelia under my belt of which a lot at Diamond level and I played her during S3 when kennen top was OP. I have a lot of experience in this matchup so don't try to convince me otherwise.
TotemTiki
<Member>
TotemTiki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2014 12:45am | Report
Vynertje wrote:

Right now you're just ignorant.

Irelia will pretty much always be lower %hp than kennen because he has ranged poke. As I said, you can Q to a minion to get the refresh so you still have all your cooldowns + you don't deal damage on him so you get a 100% free stun. Once he tries to run you just Q on him again so he can't get away.

Kennen is a really easy matchup for Irelia. If he doesn't rush any defense you can 1-shot him after getting double doran's + sheen (after 6) or he'll be forced to pop his ult/flash to run away. He doesn't have enough damage to kill you in a full combo rotation and ire's passive means your stuns are only marginally effective.

I have over 200 games of Irelia under my belt of which a lot at Diamond level and I played her during S3 when kennen top was OP. I have a lot of experience in this matchup so don't try to convince me otherwise.

Ok, yeah see your point. I guess I was just on stupid pills :3
Darealone
<Member>
Darealone's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2014 8:07pm | Report
I miss the Tank Rengar days.

Doran's Shield> Sunfire Aegis> Spirit Visage> Randuin's Omen> Trinity Force> Ravenous Hydra

Max Battle Roar to be unkillable in lane...come late game...split push with the old Q and win. Team fight? Go in with ulti...kill ADC...continue to split push. Enemies coming to kill you? Ulti away. Gosh...he was broken. I miss it...

#qqnerfs
I main...the entire top lane.
I miss: Tank Rengar top, AD Nidalee, Mash Keyboard Ryze...the OPs
TotemTiki
<Member>
TotemTiki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2014 6:22am | Report
Darealone wrote:
I miss the Tank Rengar days.

Doran's Shield> Sunfire Aegis> Spirit Visage> Randuin's Omen> Trinity Force> Ravenous Hydra

Max Battle Roar to be unkillable in lane...come late game...split push with the old Q and win. Team fight? Go in with ulti...kill ADC...continue to split push. Enemies coming to kill you? Ulti away. Gosh...he was broken. I miss it...

#qqnerfs

I miss old Draven...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide