Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Fav top lane champion and why?

Creator: TotemTiki July 20, 2014 6:16am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Electro522
<Guide Critic>
Electro522's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2014 12:00pm | Report
Also, at the Frozen Heart statement, it isnt the mana from Iceborn or Tri Force Im going for, its Sheen's passive. Its passive puts another 100 damage or so onto your q, making it hurt that much more.
The_Nameless_Bard made this sig!
TotemTiki
<Member>
TotemTiki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2014 12:03pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

I didn't try out Rammus jungle as AP yet, because Rammus jungle doesn't get enough gold to really get that items going. Only at top lane you can get enough gold for that (or mid, but Rammus is rather meh against ranged). I also got a video for you.

Ravenous Hydra, hmm, Garen should actually get only 1 offensive item and that is Black Cleaver, because the synergy for him with it and for your team is epic. But both combined could work out aswell, you then have to get Ravenous Hydra instead of Warmog's Armor. Best thing about it is the early Vampiric Scepter, which really helps Garen as I know myself that Garen sometimes struggle with lane sustain. Test it out and tell me how it worked :D.

Geez that video.
TYVM Ubby for this AMAZING Sig!
TotemTiki
<Member>
TotemTiki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2014 12:05pm | Report

Zed

Build: -> -> ->
masteries: classic 21/9/0
runes: 9xgreater mark of armor penetration 8x 1x 9x 1xgreater quintessence of armor penetration 2x

Zed is a strong split-pusher and scales really well to late-game. He's safe and can win a lot of matchups. Zed can determine the pacing in any matchup and even drag things out in unfavourable matchups due to his range.

Unorthodox, but legit. So do you rush the hydra, because I have seen many Zed's rush a Blade of the Ruined King? Do you think that applies, or is it unneeded?
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2014 12:07pm | Report
From what I've learned from GMD, the recent nerf to the active make Blade of the Ruined King inferior to Ravenous Hydra on Zed.
TotemTiki
<Member>
TotemTiki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2014 12:14pm | Report
Electro522 wrote:

Also, at the Frozen Heart statement, it isnt the mana from Iceborn or Tri Force Im going for, its Sheen's passive. Its passive puts another 100 damage or so onto your q, making it hurt that much more.

So can you say that upgrading the Sheen is an option when you are ahead?
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2014 12:21pm | Report
Electro522 wrote:

Sheen is 1250 gold for no CDR, nor defensive stats. Competent top laners will not let you get away with that.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2014 12:27pm | Report
TotemTiki wrote:

Unorthodox, but legit. So do you rush the hydra, because I have seen many Zed's rush a Blade of the Ruined King? Do you think that applies, or is it unneeded?

BotRK got its active nerfed again. Also, attack speed just isn't a statistic Zed needs. Ravenous Hydra gives you three times the AD, which increases your ability to farm and poke. Also it allows you to clear without the use of abilities. BotRK has its uses and is certainly a good item in some matchups, but generally I'd opt for Hydra.
TotemTiki
<Member>
TotemTiki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2014 12:28pm | Report

Sheen is 1250 gold for no CDR, nor defensive stats. Competent top laners will not let you get away with that.

So do you make a Sheen first or a Frozen Heart first? An early Glacial Shroud, then a Sheen, then a Frozen Heart?
Electro522
<Guide Critic>
Electro522's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2014 12:45pm | Report

But arent there several top laners, including those in the LCS, that starts with a damage item first, then tank items? Also, Sheen is worth 1200, right?
Another sig I have to thank Emikadon for. :)
TotemTiki
<Member>
TotemTiki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2014 12:46pm | Report

BotRK got its active nerfed again. Also, attack speed just isn't a statistic Zed needs. Ravenous Hydra gives you three times the AD, which increases your ability to farm and poke. Also it allows you to clear without the use of abilities. BotRK has its uses and is certainly a good item in some matchups, but generally I'd opt for Hydra.

Have you ever tried to make a Sword of the Divine on Zed? I tried it once and annihilated the enemy carry. Do you think it is legit?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide