Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Fav top lane champion and why?

Creator: TotemTiki July 20, 2014 6:16am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
TotemTiki
<Member>
TotemTiki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2014 10:35am | Report

I myself also Fancy Garen Top lane, my build is far different than Nickname's tho.

Runes: AD Quints, AD Marks, Armor Seals, 6 Mr/Level Glyphs, 3 Flat MR Glyphs

Masteries: 21/9, with Spell and Blade Weaving

Spells: Flash or Ghost and Ignite

General Build Order: Rush brutalizer, Sunfire Cape, Ninja Tabi or merc Treads, Banshees Veil, Youmuus if enemy team is mostly Squishy, Black Cleaver if enemy team has multiple beefy guys, Randuin's Omen, Atmas Impaler.

I love playing Garen due to his simplicity and high early kill power. As Nickname stated he dumpsters on a lot of champions I hate (Irelia, Jax, Riven), so he's always going to remain near the top of my list of champions until those champs become unpopular (Likely won't happen).

My other main top is Jarvan IV.

Runes: AD Quints, Armor Pen Marks, Armor Seals, 6 Mr/Level Glyphs, 3 flat MR glyphs

Masteries: 21/9/0 with Spell and Blade Weaving.

Spells: Flash and Ignite or Teleport

Build Order: Rush Hydra, Get bruta or Black Cleaver if you are fed, Ninja Tabi or Merc Treads, Randuin's Omen, Banshee's Veil, Maw/Ga/Warmog's

J4 was the first champion I ever mained and I've always played him top, even when he was a top tier jungler. He's surrently a very strong top laner and his jungling suffers. Anyway, J4 is really good at snowballing top lane with his early burst and bully power. His Q+Passive combo is excessively hard to outtrade (Can't think of anyone that absolutely outrades you on this atm) and he can full combo dunk most champions at level 6. His only real issues are Renekton and other bullies with sustain. But he also has amazing ganks and that's why I'd suggest TP for some matches.

And lastly, my unorthodox Top is Quinn

Runes: 1 AD Quint, 2 AS Quints, AD Marks, Armor Seals, Flat Mr Glyphs

Masteries: 21/9/0 with Spell and BLade Weaving

Spells: Flash and Ignite

Build Order: Brutalizer Rush, Blade of the Ruined King, Ninja Tabi/Mercs/berserker Greaves, Youmuu's Ghostblade, Infinity Edge, Last Whisper, Banshee's Veil or GA

Quinn dumpsters on nearly every meta melee top laner. Like, it's pretty sad for them. The catch? She's ridiculously easy to camp due to being an ADC. You will shove the lane unintentially, and you will be ganked. A lot. Key is to just relentlessly beat the other dude so hard that there will be no "ganks" there will only be lane holds, or 2v1 victories for you. Quinn excels at splitpushing, so in that regard she plays somewhat like Jax or Tryndamere in terms of goals after laning phase.

Putting an ADC top. Surprise Mother****ers! Like honestly. Quinn is a good option for a surprise lane, and can really WRECK people. And about J4, do you play him like an assassin or an offtank/CC lord? J4 can turn teamfights into massacres with all that CC.
TYVM Ubby for this AMAZING Sig!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2014 10:51am | Report
I didn't try out Rammus jungle as AP yet, because Rammus jungle doesn't get enough gold to really get that items going. Only at top lane you can get enough gold for that (or mid, but Rammus is rather meh against ranged). I also got a video for you.

Ravenous Hydra, hmm, Garen should actually get only 1 offensive item and that is Black Cleaver, because the synergy for him with it and for your team is epic. But both combined could work out aswell, you then have to get Ravenous Hydra instead of Warmog's Armor. Best thing about it is the early Vampiric Scepter, which really helps Garen as I know myself that Garen sometimes struggle with lane sustain. Test it out and tell me how it worked :D.

He is gonna kill you!!!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2014 10:59am | Report
On Top J4, you're either a psuedo Assassin if monster fed or a CC lord, yes.

And @Nickname. EH. Garen has baller sustain. idk what you're talkin bout. That little buff to Hydra for garen was nifty, but ultimately pointless as Garen needs more CDR and ArPen or Crit rather than Lfiesteal and Waveclearing. Bruta Rush is infinitely better on him than Vamp or Tiamat rush. Hell, even Sunfire Cape rush is better.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2014 11:33am | Report
Zed

Build: -> -> ->
masteries: classic 21/9/0
runes: 9xgreater mark of armor penetration 8x 1x 9x 1xgreater quintessence of armor penetration 2x

Zed is a strong split-pusher and scales really well to late-game. He's safe and can win a lot of matchups. Zed can determine the pacing in any matchup and even drag things out in unfavourable matchups due to his range.
Electro522
<Guide Critic>
Electro522's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2014 11:43am | Report
TotemTiki wrote:

I really like how Nasus can get few damage items and loads of tank items, and still be massively successful. In certain cases, and correct me if I am wrong, I would prefer to make a Iceborn Gaunlet on Nasus? Do you think that that is viable, or just plain absurd?

It depends on your playstyle, really. Iceborn is a really good item on Nasus, however, I feel it could make miss some cs due to the small AOE when farming. I prefer Tri Force since it has no AOE, gives a little bit of speed, and overall better deuling potential. But, if you want to be more of a tank, then Iceborn is the choice for you.
Thank you to Emikadon for this sig!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2014 11:47am | Report
Electro522 wrote:

It depends on your playstyle, really. Iceborn is a really good item on Nasus, however, I feel it could make miss some cs due to the small AOE when farming. I prefer Tri Force since it has no AOE, gives a little bit of speed, and overall better deuling potential. But, if you want to be more of a tank, then Iceborn is the choice for you.

Frozen Heart generally beats Iceborn Gauntlet and Trinity Force to rush. Trinity Force scales overall better but is crazy expensive.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2014 11:47am | Report
By the time you get iceborn completed, missing a few CS here and there shouldnt make much of a difference, imo.
Electro522
<Guide Critic>
Electro522's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2014 11:55am | Report

By the time you get iceborn completed, missing a few CS here and there shouldnt make much of a difference, imo.

But youre playing Nasus. You want as much cs as you can get, and when you have an item that has the possibilty of making you miss cs, then it takes away some potential stacks on your q.
Thank you jhoijhoi for the sig!
TotemTiki
<Member>
TotemTiki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2014 11:56am | Report
true...
TYVM Ubby for this AMAZING Sig!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2014 11:58am | Report
People feed way too much into the whole "Nasus must farm" thing. You're right, but at the same time, you're perpetuating an untrue stereotype. :p

That stereotype being that Nasus must get EVERY and all CS and that farming is top priority even over objectives and helping your team. :p
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide