Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Fav top lane champion and why?

Creator: TotemTiki July 20, 2014 6:16am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2014 5:03am | Report
I'm not sure why, but apparently it works that way.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
TotemTiki
<Member>
TotemTiki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2014 9:08pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
Since so many AP tops run around latetly, I decided to bring back the old school AP top lane counters, sustain champs. My favorite for this is Bruiser'gath, played by HotShotGG by the last time AP tops were meta to counter them. The reason why he was no longer played afterwards that way is the removal of Force of Nature, which offered him mandatory movement speed and the introduction of multiple escapes. But I found a new way to compensate that.

Teleport Ghost
9x AS 9x Ar 9x Mr 3x MS
0/23/7 (taking the health regen and all 3 % damage reductions)
Boots of Swiftness - Distortion Frozen Heart Spirit Visage Zephyr Randuin's Omen Wit's End (obviously everytime build items against the enemy team)

Due to Oppression , Frozen Heart is currently in a great spot and it was every time the go to item for Bruiser'Gath. Spirit Visage increaases your sustain even more, which makes it actually better than the old Force of Nature, expect the movement speed, of course. The way to fix the movement speed problem is the combination of Boots of Swiftness and Zephyr, which make you run around like crazy. Combine that with Enchantment: Distortion + Ghost and you can catch anyone, even champs with billion of escapes. Also, the summoners have such a low CD it is ridiculous.

He counters everything that deals sustain damage which he can outsustain, even champs like Nidalee. The only champions which make him problems are the ones, which can kill him at level 1-5, namely assassins. (and that is why the assassin top meta came up after the sustain meta)

Dude the meta is Yasuo, Renekton and Kha'Zix
TYVM Ubby for this AMAZING Sig!
abdollah
<Member>
abdollah's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2014 10:02pm | Report
Gnar cuzz he's cute.

and BTW you don't need anything expect for tankyness to kill people.

for runes I like marks of Armor penetration and the big ones are attack damage but i'm gonna change them to armor pen too :D. and the masteries are 21/9/0 and I build him all tanky expect for Trinity Force. both forms of Gnar use this. mini gnar use it for more mobility and belive me when you attack the torrent as mega gnar after using an ability you are gonna get wet.
Some Say The World Will End In ... Zombies !!!
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2014 2:25am | Report
I preferably play more unorthodox or at least unusual champions. I'm writinh from my phone though so I won't bother with coding.

Skarner
I rush iceborn gauntlet, then go for either merc treads or ninja tabi. Then I get randuin's or banshee's depending on opponant. Then wit's end, warmog's. I've experimented a lttle with botrk if I'm ahead but it rarely works. When it does however it's hilarious.

Nunu
I mostly build him standard tanky ap but I've tried him as a bruiser which is really fun but your lack of harrass can really cripple you.

Also champions such as Poppy, Leona, Nautilus, Rammus, Swain, Garen, Fizz, Sion, Nasus and Udyr. Top lane is the best lane to experiment.
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2014 2:26am | Report
I also played Maokai and Alistar top before it was cool (or good).
Troy Sin
<Member>
Troy Sin's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2014 2:56am | Report
Check out my "Volibear Top" thread in theory crafting! Voli is a really strong toplaner in my oppinion, atleast as a counter to tanks such as mao, singed and most bruisers.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide