Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Fav top lane champion and why?

Creator: TotemTiki July 20, 2014 6:16am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
TotemTiki
<Member>
TotemTiki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2014 12:50pm | Report

From what I've learned from GMD, the recent nerf to the active make Blade of the Ruined King inferior to Ravenous Hydra on Zed.

mmkay. So building a Hydra will take over. Will making a Blade of the Ruined King after Hydra just be a waste o money?
TYVM Ubby for this AMAZING Sig!
emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2014 1:07pm | Report
TotemTiki wrote:

Geez a stomper. I had a game yesterday where I played jungle Skarner, and our top was a GP. That Irelia ate him, our carry, our mid, and me. GEEZ TOO STRONK. I still can't figure out how to counter her. Any tips?

Pick a lane bully (Darius, Renekton, Garen, Gragas) that can prevent her snowballing into the mid game. She depends on items and if you can deny her early Trinity Force she might suffer from it. Most effective in build counter is health because she relies on dealing damage with her W.
Thanks to Natuhlee for this sig!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2014 1:08pm | Report
TotemTiki wrote:

mmkay. So building a Hydra will take over. Will making a Blade of the Ruined King after Hydra just be a waste o money?

No but only in certain situations should you need BotRK. In a lot of situations you can easily just get a MoM, BT, or Youmuu's.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2014 1:11pm | Report
TotemTiki wrote:

Have you ever tried to make a Sword of the Divine on Zed? I tried it once and annihilated the enemy carry. Do you think it is legit?

It works but you can annihilate a carry with a regular build as well so it's kind of unnecessary. I heavily dislike the SotD build because it's essentially just an active; I mean it even loses its stats while it's on cool down. Not that the stats are any good.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2014 1:32pm | Report
TotemTiki wrote:

Olaf top... Currently SOOO broken. I hate it. That true damage OP. And for Rumble, AP quints or Scaling AP quints?? Additionally, I have seen Rumble top a lot in ranked, and I feel like Zhonya's is more of a situational item than core? OR do you believe it is needed?

Olaf is a good pick vs other melee top laners because it is hard to trade with him, but I wouldn't say he's broken.

Flat AP quints are better. Zhonya's Hourglass doesn't have to be bought every game, but is good in most situations (as you'll often be laning against an AD champion in top lane anyway).

TotemTiki wrote:

Geez a stomper. I had a game yesterday where I played jungle Skarner, and our top was a GP. That Irelia ate him, our carry, our mid, and me. GEEZ TOO STRONK. I still can't figure out how to counter her. Any tips?

Pick champions that are strong early and can bully her ( Renekton, Garen), beat her before she reaches level 8-9. Also, it's important to understand how Irelia works in order to counter her. I'm not sure if you've played her before, but anyone with some experience playing her should realise that - for example - having a low health minion near you while you're slightly higher health than her gives her an amazing opportunity to Q to the minion, stun you and then activate W and chunk you with true damage. It's all about avoiding bad trades like that. If she uses W, back off. It lasts 6 seconds, after which it'll be on cooldown for 9 more seconds before she can use it again. That's your window to be aggressive against her.

Edit: emoriam beat me to it. Oh well.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
TotemTiki
<Member>
TotemTiki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 21, 2014 12:46am | Report

It works but you can annihilate a carry with a regular build as well so it's kind of unnecessary. I heavily dislike the SotD build because it's essentially just an active; I mean it even loses its stats while it's on cool down. Not that the stats are any good.

Yeah, see your point. Looks like SotD will just be a Shaco-only item.
TotemTiki
<Member>
TotemTiki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 21, 2014 1:22am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

Olaf is a good pick vs other melee top laners because it is hard to trade with him, but I wouldn't say he's broken.

Flat AP quints are better. Zhonya's Hourglass doesn't have to be bought every game, but is good in most situations (as you'll often be laning against an AD champion in top lane anyway).

I played a game today, and I managed to get decent farm n Olaf. I got a Hydra, MoM, Guinsoo's Rageblade, Wit's End, and some others. I was unkillable. I could jump into a 3v5 and make the team fight a win. I felt pretty broken. :D
KatariFIRE
<Member>
KatariFIRE's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 21, 2014 5:07pm | Report
Doesn't play much top but if to choose one...

I choose Renekton, not because he is a top-tier pick but I really like his play style.
He has a great mobility great sustain, and his ability combo with AA-cancel does insane damage even without much Item.
The main reason why I like him is his design, a giant crocodile with huge butcher blade and that voice of him really fit words "Bully".
He is really aggressive by both his mechanic and his design.

My mastery page is:

My runes are:

AD Quint X 3
Flat arm-pen x 9
Flat armor seal x 9
Flat mr x 9

My Item set depend on situation but usually is:

Fiora is my most successful champion in "league of legend" (but doesn't mean my favorite).

I love Rengar and try so hard to main him, however, I like him in a jungle more than top.
He really can scare people, Carry hearths will beat fast when his ultimate is on.
He jump out of nowhere and land his combo in a blink of an eyes, someone will die before they even react properly.

I usually play as Zed, he is really safe to play on top lane especially when you already have a tanky champ and need an assassin, play him a LOT!! but not my favorite.
"There is the Hunter and the Hunted"
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 21, 2014 6:39pm | Report
I've been picking up Irelia ever since Wickd beat me with it.

9/21/0 for most games or 21/9/0 if the matchup is VERY favourable for me.

I run either:

AS Marks
Armor Seals
Magic Resist Glyphs
MS Quints
AD Marks
Armor Seals
Magic Resist Glyphs
AS Quints

I start by building either Blade of the Ruined King if even or ahead, Trinity Force when behind.

If team is doing extremely well and I'm doing well, I'll pick up both. If I'm absolutely stomping, I rush Zephyr, otherwise I build full tank items - Randuin's Omen, Banshee's Veil and Guardian Angel in priority of what defensive stat I need the most - Randuin's Omen for armour, Banshee's Veil for magic resist and Guardian Angel for both.
TotemTiki
<Member>
TotemTiki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2014 2:09am | Report
sirell wrote:

I've been picking up Irelia ever since Wickd beat me with it.

9/21/0 for most games or 21/9/0 if the matchup is VERY favourable for me.

I run either:

AS Marks
Armor Seals
Magic Resist Glyphs
MS Quints
AD Marks
Armor Seals
Magic Resist Glyphs
AS Quints

I start by building either Blade of the Ruined King if even or ahead, Trinity Force when behind.

If team is doing extremely well and I'm doing well, I'll pick up both. If I'm absolutely stomping, I rush Zephyr, otherwise I build full tank items - Randuin's Omen, Banshee's Veil and Guardian Angel in priority of what defensive stat I need the most - Randuin's Omen for armour, Banshee's Veil for magic resist and Guardian Angel for both.

So, seeing that Blade of the Ruined King got somewhat nerfed, do you think that piking up a hydra is an option? And also do you think that Greater Seal of Armor is a better option than Greater Seal of Health? I just run health on everyone, and think that armor seals are too nerfed to use.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide