Build Guide by TheOg
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Jarvan IV Build
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Jarvan is new champion that was released in v184.108.40.206 game patch. He is designed to kill. This build gives you pretty much survivality while still dealing a lot of dmg - mostly because of Jarvan passive which I will explain later. While the build is nearly the same as Phreak's one (from champion spotlight), I will try to show you, why that is the best to play Jarvan.
06.03.11 - Guide release
For summoner spells I takeand.
is very good early game to get a firstblood and lategame to disable enemy carry, especially in teamfights. You may like to use it after your ultimate, so enemy champion doesn't get away.
can get you fast to teamfight or chase enemy (it's risky). Passing through units effect is great for escaping ganks or fights (if you got really low).
GOOD SUMMONER SPELLS
- useful when you use ultimate and enemy team targets you. also when they come to gank - stun/slow and your ghost is on cooldown.
- this spell will give you early game kills and somehow counter lifesteal/healing based champions lategame.
- even if you already have got flash (standard + strike combo), you will see this spell really usefull when escaping ganks.
BAD SUMMONER SPELLS
- in early game you have 5 health pots, lategame you should be fine with armor, notice, that masteries give you better health regen.
- you shouldn't die much, and if you die, let's wait till counter ends.
- you are not a jungler, when you get madred's you can own jungle how you wanna without smite.
- if you really want to get fast to lane, use ghost.
- better for tanks to take that and benefit from active.
- with mana regen runes, you don't need clarity.
- not a good choice.
- leave this for support.
Marks -- Armor Penetration - best choice.
Seals -- Mana Regen 5/lvl - you can also take Health seals if you don't have mana problems, in my opinion they are really useful.
Glyphs -- Cooldown Reduction/lvl - ultimate each minute!
Quintessences -- Flat Health - I also think that Desolation ones are good.
Start withand 5x.
First time you go back should be around lvl 6. Buyand if you have 350g -.
Second time you go back start buying items foror if enemy got a lot of casters.
Last items areand changingto. Most loong games finish by now, but you can buyin the end.
- instead of banshee veil, buy it if enemy team consists ranged ad and melee. if they hit you, they die.
- great item! armor, dmg, passive, active... change madred razor for lantern EARLY GAME if you need ward (aware of ganks) and lifesteal, sell lategame for madred bloodrazor.
- if you need lifesteal, buy instead of madred bloodrazor (enemy got no tanks).
Why is it better to get Cloth Armor and 5 health potions than Doran's Shield?
+8 Health Regen/5 sec.
1) +120 Health - this effect is not needed when you got Fortitude Quintessences
2) +10 Armor - Cloth Armor gives +18 Armor
3) +8 Health Regen/5sec - you don't need health regen all the time, use health potion when you got low on health. Another thing is that Health Potion restores 200 Health over 20 seconds, when you would get 32 health in 20 seconds with Doran's Shield.
It's okay to buy Doran's Shield if you don't have runes, but Cloth Armor and potions are overall best option.
Dragon Strike: Jarvan IV charges through his opponent, dealing physical damage and lowering their armor by a %. This will pull Jarvan IV to a Standard if it encounters one, knocking up all enemies in his path.
Golden Aegis: Jarvan IV calls upon the ancient kings of Demacia to shield him from harm and slow surrounding enemies.
Demacian Standard: Passively grants Jarvan bonus attack speed and armor. Active: Throws a Demacian flag, dealing physical damage and granting passive benefits to nearby allies.
Cataclysm (Ultimate): Jarvan IV heroically leaps at his target, dealing physical damage and creating a circle of terrain around them for a few seconds.
I start with- it's great attack speed and armor bonus, also YOU CAN SCOUT BUSH WITH IT! AND A LOT OF PEOPLE DOESN'T KNOW ABOUT IT! - really nice trick.
Then maxfor more dmg, ultimate --whenever possible.
I take one point infor slow, it is great in teamfights, max it last.
Martial Cadence (Passive): Jarvan IV exploits his target's opening, dealing a % of the target's current HP as magic damage. This effect cannot occur on the same target for 6 seconds.
Great damage, especially to health stacking champions. It's best effect occurs when they got full health, cause it is refer to CURRENT HP. Try to hit every enemy champion once so they drastically loose health.
PEOPLE WITH FLASH
Use standard on them, strike to jump to them, slow. They should flash now - if you got cd rd runes, you can repeat combo, if not use ultimate.they flashOR
PEOPLE WITHOUT FLASH
Ulti ends, nowso they jump up andto slow them.
You must notice how many health they got, and if you are able to kill them.
A lot of people doesn't know how to use it properly. I will try to show various situations and how to use ulti.
Check if he got flash (tab) and give him your combo.
If your ally is ranged he can't be in ultimate area.
Use ultimate so only 1 person get into ultimate. If they are ranged+contact, get ranged, so the other one can't do anything.
Use ultimate to get them all and use standard and strike OUTSIDE ultimate so they are cought up and you can run away.
I don't use it at beginning, I start to focus squishy (ranged, casters) and then jump with ultimate on contact dps (especially high armor) so they can't kill my team.
But it's very dependable on enemy champions, sometimes you have to start with it, kill carry and then finish other enemies.
Does it work?
Thanks for reading, if you like it, vote please.
If you got any ideas about items or summoner spells or runes or anything else :-) - write in comments.