Build Guide by Alahric
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Nunu - The Yeti Rider
"This my AP Nunu pocket guide, dedicated to a friend"
Nunu is the kind of champion based on harassing, buffing, and nuking the whole enemy team out. Now the early smite like heal, Consume, will make short work out of turret minions. Your passive should allow you to keep up harassing with Ice Blast, unless you have Clarity seals and gotten far enough into the Utility Tree to not worry about it too much. Blood Boil should always be casted on an ally, even minions if you are soloing and if you have a large enough mana pool for it you should use it whenever the cooldown is ready for the speed buff. Finally we got Absolute Zero; you should trick enemies into a brush and then use it when they are within the range. Otherwise I’d be careful if they have any CC, so you shouldn't use it initiate but rather to end the fight when everyone else is busy. A Golem Buff should allow you to keep up with this, it's really good for spamming.
Summoner Spells and Items:
• Cleanse to get rid of stuns that can get you killed.
• Ignite to finish of fleeing champions, no AP boost tho.
• Catalyst to keep yourself up while leveling, very good for laning.
• Sorcerer's Shoes for magic penetration on Ice Blast and Abo****e Zero.
• Mejai's Soulstealer to get alot of AP, remember to keep yourself alive!
• Banshee Veil for Absolute Zero teamfight usage, trust me it's worth it.
• Zhonya's Ring to get a ****load of AP, activate it if focused or dying.
• Lich Bane to abuse the AP, also for movespeed and destroying turrets.
• Frozen Heart for Armor, Cooldown Reduction, and don't forget the Aura.
• Buy an Elixir of Brilliance if the game is ending, or to finish the game.
Tips and Techniques:
• Abuse your passive by keeping up auto-attacks.
• Constantly use Ice Blast to harass enemy champions.
• Cast Consume on Turret Minions to push and get more gold.
• Constantly cast Consume to get health and gold out of it.
• Cast Blood Boil on an allied champion so that both of you get it.
• Constantly keep up Blood Boil for the mobility when travelling.
• Absolute Zero should be used in a brush where enemies are following you.
• If enemies are about to get out of Absolute Zero you should walk to trigger it.
• Absolute Zero should be used after all the CC is gone in teamfights, center yourself.
• Remember to grab a Golem Buff whenever you can, to keep up with your spamming.
When playing Nunu you should constantly run around waiting for CD's to run out and kite all you can. You want to keep a certain distance but never too close, and never too far away. This is the key to mastering Nunu, all you need to do is run around and cast your spells whenever they are ready and possibly use auto-attacks when killing someone fleeing, farm minions for passive, and destroying turrets.
Have fun with Nunu, and remember that there are no real Combo with him so you have to use your head.