This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
Sona Build Guide by BunnyFun
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Pros / Cons
* extreme burst
* supports by default, even playing aggressive AD your songs still help those around you whether you choose to enhance them or not
* Stun is a fight winner
* power cord with AD build = ouch
* great with teamwork, good defender on points
* if you are ignored at all during team fights the enemy will pay dearly for it
* Same as classic, susceptible to champions who can jump on you and stun you in a hurry
* some games people decide Sona will NOT beat them period and you end up constantly piled on the moment you show up to any fight
* can have many troubles with a skilled Shaco
* not good for charging headfirst into battle
Truth is anyone who knows will know the dirty little secret that Sona when built and played aggressively can be a nightmare. I use an AD Sona build that is meant to have a little bit of AP from her spec and Trinity Force to give her nuke that extra bump. Fact is her nuke is nasty whether you buff it up or not, so no reason to not build up her already strong AD powers and make her a burst machine. People often turn and run when Sona removes over 1/2 their HP bar in one nuke + power chord attack.
If you need some extra resistance from CC, build Cloak and Dagger. I don't see many people using this item but it is cheap in cost, gives you resilience and the extra +20% to crit works great for this Sona.
But to sum up ever game I try to have Ionian Boots of Lucidity, Trinity Force, Infinity Edge and Vampiric Scepter. From there use your discretion.
Upgrade your Ult every time you can of course.
The other two are completely up to you, up whichever when you want and how you want. Even though I listed the Aria first here, I more often up Song of Celerity before it. More speed on Dominion is a key to winning.
Exhaust, extremely useful spell. It will turn 1v1 fights in your favor, prevent people escaping, great spell. Of course others are useful so if you find something works better for you use it and share why?
* Sona can kite very well, watch for when enemies give up the chase, your nuke and your power chord auto attack will reach way out and touch them. You can make people pay for underestimating you in a hurry.
* Dominion so make sure your main focus is on the turrets and defense not rampaging around trying to kill everyone. Be liberal with your stun, unlike the classic map there are much less game tilting team fights to save it for. So use it to mess up every single person who thinks they can beat you 1v1 or mistakes you for an easy gank.