Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Pls Can I Haz Arts

Creator: Willowran September 5, 2016 8:31am
2 posts - page 1 of 1
Willowran
<Member>
Willowran's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 5, 2016 8:31am | Report
I'm revisiting a guide I wrote, and a common critique amongst reviews for the guide is a lack of artwork. I do not want to get in trouble for googling Bard art but not getting permission from the Artist, so I figured I'd swing by here and ask whether any artists could send me some things that I could use (of course for free)?

For context, this is the guide itself:
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/bard-playmaker-of-the-century-450559/discussion
jokersprank
<Member>
jokersprank's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2016 3:52am | Report
As long as you mention/credit the artist somewhere visible to the reader, it is most of the time ok to use art work. Put a link to their DA etc.
  1. I've skimmed your guide and there are some things you could improve on your own through BBC. First of all, you have to think of the guide as a sheet of paper. Usually, you have a margin on each side and I think your mastery section would benefit from one.
  2. Less space between text and icons would be also good because it looks disconnected. (mastery and item section)
  3. This one is personal but I don't like the excessive use of rule. Blank lines also do the job and it looks more neat, especially between text and videos should be some space or else it looks clustered.
  4. Use [icon=greater mark of armor] or generally put "greater" before the rune name or else you display tier 2 runes. And make them smaller and put them in center tags.
  5. You also forgot to use the center tag at the last video and you should use it at the totem section.
  6. Coloured headlines and sublines can be used to structure text without using rule etc.
  7. Overall green and orange isn't the greatest colour combination. Decide on a colour scheme that represents you, the way you want to be perceived (serious, funny, vivid).

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide