Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Stream Overlay

Creator: Kazega July 6, 2014 8:54pm
8 posts - page 1 of 1
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 6, 2014 8:54pm | Report
Can anyone here help me out with a stream overlay? I would do it myself but I don't have the technical know how to do something as complex as this.
Wicked Eye
<Member>
Wicked Eye's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 7, 2014 12:24pm | Report
Ahm, I think you can find a lot of videos on YouTube (here) showing how to make it.
If you want something already done there are sites that have free stream overlays for you to download: 01, 02
If your problem is how to put a stream overlay: 01, 02, 03.

I hope I could help ^^
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 7, 2014 5:15pm | Report
It's less about finding one online to use and more about making (or commissioning/requesting) something that's mine. I don't have the technical know hows to do something that is exactly what I want though... a few knick-knacks, some doodads, tons of glitter....
Wicked Eye
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 7, 2014 7:39pm | Report
If you want to know how to make one, then you should watch the first video. You'll need Adobe Photoshop if you want to make something pretty.

1. First you get a print from inside the game as a base for you to know where everything is placed.
2. Choose another image to be your overlay or you can create your own background adding a lot of textures and fractals.
3. Start cutting around the items, icons and stuff so your Overlay wont cover them and try to make the overlay with a nice shape.
4. Work on Layer Options like Bevel and Emboss, Stroke and etc.
5. Save it as png.

It is more about knowing how to use Photoshop than how to make an Overlay. So maybe some PS tutorials to begin with.

If you want to request one though, I have very limited imagination, but if you tell me how you want I can try to make it for you. Also, you can try going to the artists corner and see if one of the shops there is willing to make one for you.
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 7, 2014 8:46pm | Report
hold on... I think we are missing something here.... might be my fault since I don't know a lot of the artsy terms and what not...

Placing Renders and cutting out borders I can do... its some of the nicer things I see, like the stuff in this gallery, that I'm more interested in.
Wicked Eye
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 8, 2014 9:18am | Report
Oh, I see, these are indeed a little bit more complicated, but not that much. I think it is more about having creativity and finding some nice textures or create them to fit the style you want. There isn't a way to fully explain how to do it, how exactly do you want the overlay? How do you imagine it and do you have an overlay as example?
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 8, 2014 2:06pm | Report
It's hard because I can say one thing it might be interpreted another way. I''ll have to think about what I want exactly but I'm leaning towards an Anime inspired overlay (maybe Attack on Titan centered or something... I'm still mulling it over, I might want something more like a night sky or something >.>

I do know that I want to have a panle for the webcam and a panel for "now playing"
Wicked Eye
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 8, 2014 5:03pm | Report
Yeah, I know how it is when you're not sure how you want it. So to guarantee that it will turn out how you want, I recommend you trying to make your own. If you can make a simple one, I'm pretty sure you can also make an very awesome one.

Look on Google for renders of the anime you want or textures of nebulas/starry sky and don't be afraid to get inspired on other overlays, for example, from what I've seen on the gallery you showed, the person takes a part (usually weapon or color) of the skin and use it as a theme. It can take a few time to make it perfect, but I'm pretty sure you can make one. LaCorpses Resource Guide can help you find nice websites for textures and renders.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide