Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

A guide to tanking

Creator: Rudmed June 26, 2011 5:16pm
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 5:16pm | Report
Now recently I have seen some not so awesome tanks, and I decided to make a guide of how to tank with the main tanks. Now my question is do you as fellow LoL players/ people who may play tanks do you feel as though I covered a majority of the things a good tank should do?

If you want the main points you can scroll down to the commandments, and give a brief look at that. Everything else is just introduction, or how to use skills as one of the three tanks.

The guide
Max Carter
<Member>
Max Carter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 6:12pm | Report
Well man, as you can see on my sig... LOL

I was thinking in creating a guide to it. Sometimes I try to use non-tank, but my tanks fail (not always)... But it piss me off, I keep thinking "**** MAN, If I was with my *tank champ name* I would do this, he's a ****ing noob, omg"... Its really hard. And is this right?: "Thou" and "thy". 2. Thou shall protect thy comrades at any cost. - and I think "teammates" is better than "comrades" :P

Here are some points that you dont specified on your guide:
-More color to get attetion
-Tankers really need his team to do well, so, you kinda need to know your team first, because some people just don't know to play well with a tank. I mean, specifie some situations:

Tower dives: The tank is ****ing blocking the turret, so, DONT GO BACK, if the tank is blocking that ****, take it as faster or damage it more as possible. The tanks dont block turrets just to die. Seriously. If the tanker tower dive, you can go free and attack the enemie, the tanker will be holding it, plz make it fast, dont try to dive when the tank ran away or is with one-shot to die...

Teamfights: If your tanker initiate, plz, go to the fight, dont go back because you need to farm, or get the jungle, or defend some ****ing lane. Towers can kill minions. An entire team can kill your tanker and he can't score a penta.

MOST IMPORTANT:
Dont waste his spells:
I'm a happy amumu, lalala, lets Bandage that ***** and ult, yaaay
*Bandage Toss* *****ing Ult* *Tantrum* *Despair* Yeah, come on team, RAPE THEM!!!
*Ults End* *Teammates come up* Seriously? ****, MY ULT STUNNED ALL OF THEM FOR 2 SECONDS, WHY YOU GUYS DIDNT GET AT LEAST ONE *****? (This makes me rage soooooo much)
I'm a happy Shen, trololololo lolo- OMG, my teammate is loosing that 1vs1. *Wooooooooooooooooo Ulted* *Teammate with 500 shield run away* Why the **** man? I ulted you, why you dont use my ult to kill him?????
More examples without history, lol:
Rammus - 3 seconds taunt wasted
Mordekaiser - Ult wasted (ult the carrier but no one focused him)
Maokai - Ulted somewhere, all allies ran out of the range
Alistar - Ult, blocking everyone/turret, teammates running

Or when they initiate [: Why would a Yi alpha strike them and die? Good job, you did 250 damage (if it's not an AP)
Thx for Nyoike for this sig! Tanks FTW s2
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 7:55pm | Report
Max Carter wrote:

Well man, as you can see on my sig... LOL

I was thinking in creating a guide to it. Sometimes I try to use non-tank, but my tanks fail (not always)... But it piss me off, I keep thinking "**** MAN, If I was with my *tank champ name* I would do this, he's a ****ing noob, omg"... Its really hard. And is this right?: "Thou" and "thy". 2. Thou shall protect thy comrades at any cost. - and I think "teammates" is better than "comrades" :P

Here are some points that you dont specified on your guide:
-More color to get attetion
-Tankers really need his team to do well, so, you kinda need to know your team first, because some people just don't know to play well with a tank. I mean, specifie some situations:

Tower dives: The tank is ****ing blocking the turret, so, DONT GO BACK, if the tank is blocking that ****, take it as faster or damage it more as possible. The tanks dont block turrets just to die. Seriously. If the tanker tower dive, you can go free and attack the enemie, the tanker will be holding it, plz make it fast, dont try to dive when the tank ran away or is with one-shot to die...

Teamfights: If your tanker initiate, plz, go to the fight, dont go back because you need to farm, or get the jungle, or defend some ****ing lane. Towers can kill minions. An entire team can kill your tanker and he can't score a penta.

MOST IMPORTANT:
Dont waste his spells:
I'm a happy amumu, lalala, lets Bandage that ***** and ult, yaaay
*Bandage Toss* *****ing Ult* *Tantrum* *Despair* Yeah, come on team, RAPE THEM!!!
*Ults End* *Teammates come up* Seriously? ****, MY ULT STUNNED ALL OF THEM FOR 2 SECONDS, WHY YOU GUYS DIDNT GET AT LEAST ONE *****? (This makes me rage soooooo much)
I'm a happy Shen, trololololo lolo- OMG, my teammate is loosing that 1vs1. *Wooooooooooooooooo Ulted* *Teammate with 500 shield run away* Why the **** man? I ulted you, why you dont use my ult to kill him?????
More examples without history, lol:
Rammus - 3 seconds taunt wasted
Mordekaiser - Ult wasted (ult the carrier but no one focused him)
Maokai - Ulted somewhere, all allies ran out of the range
Alistar - Ult, blocking everyone/turret, teammates running

Or when they initiate [: Why would a Yi alpha strike them and die? Good job, you did 250 damage (if it's not an AP)

Yeah well those three are the main tanks of this game. Everyone is often viewed as offtanks.

I suppose I could change the thou and thy, but it doesn't really matter. Also about the tank skills went into that when I went indepth with everyone. About the only thing I didn't mention is the tower diving.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2011 7:52am | Report
Holy ****ing god, what a horrible Amumu build >.>
Why isn't that **** voted into the ground? --.--
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse

"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2011 8:10am | Report
the only good tank is jungle amumu, those 3 aren't good any more. A jarvan, for example, would be much more useful to the team.
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2011 11:38am | Report
Searz wrote:

Holy ****ing god, what a horrible Amumu build >.>
Why isn't that **** voted into the ground? --.--

IDK, I've tried it and it works. Though the builds aren't the point of this guide? Rather the information given.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2011 11:52am | Report
Items aren't bad, but the rest is ****. Amumu also has no place in competitive play outside of the jungle.
"I walked up to her big butt and asked her *** butt what." - Lil Wayne, lyrical genius

"I can't decide where I stand on abortion, on one hand it is killing children, on the other it gives women a choice." - ???
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2011 11:54am | Report
If you know, Stonewall says that Shen is a bit weaker than amumu in the jungle. So jungle Shen should be also viable.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2011 12:22pm | Report
It is, but I'm pretty sure that that's an old quote. I think Amumu is stronger now after the buffs to him and the nerfs to Shen.
"Gold can't buy you rape." - Mr Sark
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2011 12:28pm | Report
The nerfs to shen didn't hurt his jungling time at all^^.

But yeah, amumu is stronger. But shen is also viable^^.
He is gonna kill you!!!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide