Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Bot Combo - Fizz + Wukong - Why it works

Creator: Stigma24 May 4, 2012 6:25am
1 2
Stigma24
<Member>
Stigma24's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2012 6:25am | Report
Hi all,

Had quite a bit of success with this combo and wanted to share. Plus get your thoughts on it.

Why Fizz and Wukong work:
1- They both have a gap closer
2- When they use the gap closer they both have on hit effects that activate
3- Both have the ability to leave safely. Fizz's jump and Wukongs Decoy.

Point 3 is the key because anyone can just rush in and attack, but this allows you to exchange with very little damage taken to yourselfs.

At level 3 the above combo done with both champs against the traditional AD carry and support results in very effect harass. Wait for cooldowns then rince and repeat.

The carry has to farm (thus return to be focused) and the support cant keep up with the harass which results in a mid to late game advantage for your team.

All the above requires is a friend with some form of coordination to time your combo.

At level 6 the fun really begins: )

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks in advance.
Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2012 6:59am | Report
Sure it works, but they'll probably end up under farmed if there is a long laning phase. And the lack of a real AD-carry and support is noticeable mid/late game.
The current meta is to strong... :/
Stigma24
<Member>
Stigma24's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2012 7:08am | Report
Slappiz wrote:

Sure it works, but they'll probably end up under farmed if there is a long laning phase. And the lack of a real AD-carry and support is noticeable mid/late game.
The current meta is to strong... :/

Your argument makes sense but... What often happens is that we farm the ad carry and support we up against,and the jungler, we leave the turret up on purpose to do this. They lose out on farm because their to scared to leave the turret and we zone them hard.

It becomes a mind game
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2012 7:15am | Report
Problem is, it's a gimmick. If you don't get kills, you end up waaaaaaay behind.
If you do get kills however, if it's a strong, independent AD carry, they can still snowball into endgame.

It's a real big risk with a small reward IMO.
True love is found only in yourself.
Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2012 7:36am | Report
This will rarely succeed in the higher elos because people know how to adapt to these situations, mostly. I bet it brings havoc in normal games and "elo hell".
Stigma24
<Member>
Stigma24's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2012 11:10am | Report
Slappiz wrote:

This will rarely succeed in the higher elos because people know how to adapt to these situations, mostly. I bet it brings havoc in normal games and "elo hell".

I completely agree. Sorry it was not meant for high elo, this is just what we do in normal games. Should have stated that in the beginning.
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2012 9:37pm | Report
you can troll people who dunno how to counter you properly and sure it'll work very well. but if they do then... good luck :).
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2012 10:52pm | Report
The only combo I think, which could work, is tanky AP top, AD mid ( Tristana, Urgot, Caitlyn, etc..) if possible support jungle, otherwise just tanky jungle, and then an aggressive bot lane which can crush the enemy, like Alistar + Blitzcrank (In this lane, Blitzcrank should get the farm, not Alistar. Alistar gets tanky anyways with his ult).

It is the wintermond metagame.^^
Stigma24
<Member>
Stigma24's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 6, 2012 11:47pm | Report
The below is response to Panth and Jarvan being able to do something similar on the LOL forums.

Both have what you are looking for in point 1 and 2, but ( and this is important ) neither can escape the fight if need be without taking damage.

The combo of:
1- Fizz, prime Seastone Trident (w), dashing in with Urchin Strike(q) and immediately leaving with Playful / Trickster(e)
2-Wukong, prime Crushing Blow (q), dashing in with Nimbus Strike(e) and immediately leaving with Decoy(w)

leaves no time at all for the enemy to retaliate. With panth and jarvan they have to commit.

Plus Wukong and Fizz's ultimates both are knock ups(soft cc)
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 7, 2012 5:51pm | Report
Saw a wukong and panth do this against ashe vs lulu (me). I was surprised by how much burst Wu had, so I could see it working quite nicely with fizz. In this case once me and ashe hit 6 we could beat them np, and since they didn't buy wards they were easy to gank.

I like the counter meta comp, it's pretty strong but as people have said you need to get fed off it. Leaving the tower up is good. I would try to get an AD carry in mid or top to make sure you have an AD with farm though.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide