Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Embracing's Guide Review Service

Creator: Embracing December 17, 2015 9:01pm
1 2 3
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2015 9:01pm | Report
I just finished my finals and have quite a bit of free time in the following weeks to review guides.

Who am I?
For those that don't know me - I'm Embracing, a former season three high d2 solo queue / challenger ranked 5s player who's played on CN, KR, EUW, and NA. I've been playing this game since season one and I know a lot about lego legends. I primarily specialize in macro gameplay (aka how you can win games with your champion outside of lane), though I am also quite familiar with mid lane and jungle early gameplay.

Focus:
I will focus mostly on gameplay and accurate portrayal of information in my review. I don't believe in "versatility in playstyle" - there may be many seemingly viable options to certain decisions (items, runes, masteries, etc), but in the end once you narrow the choices down you have a limited one or two optimal ones to choose from.

I also have a decent grasp on design and how you should portray your information, and will comment on any grammatical or design flaws I see.

Please do not just take a quick glance and then send me a message I will be quite blunt and just straight-up point out errors / flaws in your guide. Please do not take offense in any of my comments. I am doing reviews for the purpose of helping you correct improper / misguiding information. I'm taking a lot of time to review your guides. If you don't want to see my criticism go find a different ****-sucking guide review service. I don't like seeing false information being spread and I will say what I think.

If you disagree over an "opinion you hold", simply speaking, I don't care. Take what you will from my reviews. I have no obligation to babysit everyone over what's right and wrong, especially when others disagree. However, I definitely am willing to help those who are willing to set down their egos and respectfully listen to my opinions.

Scoring:
I will give your guide a rating from 0 to 5 on criteria based off of content, design, and details.
  • Guides that score 5, which I will upvote and +scout, typically indicate mastery, detail, and optimization on their designated topics, decent to great aesthetics (visuals, design, format), and great presentation of information.
  • Guides that score 4, which I will upvote, typically indicate accurate and optimal information along with decent detail on their designated topics, decent aesthetics (visuals, design, format), and decent presentation of information.
  • Guides that score 3 typically indicate fundamental levels of understanding of their designated topics, basic display of optimal information, 'meh' to decent aesthetics (visuals, design, format), and 'meh' to decent presentation of information.
  • Guides that score 2, which I will downvote, typically indicate a lackluster understanding of their designated topics, flawed information, poor to 'meh' aesthetics (visuals, design, format), and poor to 'meh' presentation of information.
  • Guides that score 1, which I will downvote, typically indicate a complete lack of understanding of their designated topic, no display of optimization, poor aesthetics (visuals, design, format), and poor presentation of information.
  • Guides with no score indicate too much incompletion for me to give a score.

If you'd like a review, please leave a comment below with the format mentioned below. Feel free to request anything specific you want me to focus on.

Format:
Rank (Current or peak):
Champion:
Link to guide:

Completed Reviews:
  1. [5.24] Riven Melee DPS Assassin guide
  2. Season 6 (Patch 5.24) Riven: Decimating Top Lane
  3. The Deciever - LeBlanc Guide
  4. Time is on your side - Ekko guide (5.24)
  5. S6 Jungle Kindred
  6. 6.1 [S6] The Bearicade (Jungle)
  7. Not So Fireproof | Phoenix Udyr | 5.24 (Jungle)
  8. Combat Medic Soraka
  9. Art of War, an in-depth Swain Guide (pre-season 6)
LimitlessHavoc
<King of the Hill>
LimitlessHavoc's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2015 5:01am | Report
Hey I'll be your first guide :D

Champion: Riven
Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/5-24-riven-melee-dps-assassin-guide-371946
Dope abstract art by Vapora Dark. (that rhymes)
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2015 1:58pm | Report
LimitlessHavoc's Riven guide review completed!
Seth346
<Member>
Seth346's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2015 4:20pm | Report
I guess I can ask you if you see armor quints as viable. they're EXTREMELY cost efficient, one's worth about 100 gold, as opposed to AD quint that's worth 79 gold. In certain lanes I believe they're more worth it. (Panth, Renekton)

If you believe something is wrong, I would like it to be run by me first to see if I can defend your claim against it. I think the white text adds a lot of readability, maybe you disagree, that I will stand by. If you think I should replace a picture of a match up, I would enjoy it if you found one for me and its either really cool or humorous. I know there is a sh*tload of spoilers, I think they cut down on the size of it all and if someone believes they already know about it, I think they can skip it.

Elo: Diamond 5
Champion: Riven
Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/season-6-riven-decimating-top-lane-404727
If I helped you, I would appreciate a +rep
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2015 12:03pm | Report
I think armor quints are decent in certain matchups only if you really feel the need to win lane / pressure lane. if you're talking about solo queue ofc it's fine because everyone wants to try to win lane but there's honestly no need to run stuff that lowers your damage in an optimal 5v5 setting.

I'll review your guide sometime later as I'm going to be on a flight soon

i'm just going to leave comments on a pdf version of your guide when i review. take what you wish. Sorry, but I don't really have the time to help you find certain banners or pictures - you might have better luck in the art section.
OwenTheAwesomer
<Member>
OwenTheAwesomer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2015 11:57pm | Report
Hey Embracing!

Elo: Gold 5
Champion: LeBlanc
Link: My LeBlanc Guide

I am open to any and all suggestions, rep in advance!
Thanks to all hard working sig artists <3

"Every kill brings victory closer."
GeoenerG
<Member>
GeoenerG's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 22, 2015 11:13am | Report
champion: Ekko
Link: Link to the guide here
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2015 3:46pm | Report
Sorry I'll start reviewing once I get off vacation in a week or so
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2015 6:39pm | Report
Seth346's Riven guide, OwenTheAwesomer's LeBlanc guide, and GeoenerG's Ekko guide reviews completed!
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2015 8:57pm | Report
Hello pls review my kindred guide

Elo: D4
Champion: Kindred
Link:link
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide