Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Jungle maokai

Creator: Lif3l3ss April 21, 2011 12:27pm
Lif3l3ss
<Member>
Lif3l3ss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2011 12:27pm | Report
I Put a guide up on jungle maokai a couple weeks ago but i really really like his jungle its pretty fast and easy.. I here a lot of different things i get into games and they are like maokai jungle he can't gank but maokai has a snare and a slow a snare that also get u too the enemy so i don't know who tells these people things like he has ****ty gank or jungles slow. imo ww who is probably the most common jungle is one of the slowest junglers i have played everytime i jungle mao i reach 6 same time as mid if not faster.. i wanna know your guys opinions on maokai jungle. If you haven't tried it try it its very fun and fast.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2011 4:13am | Report
His jungle is bad, but his roaming is actually pretty good. Try that out instead.
"You can't have your privacy violated if you don't know your privacy is violated." - Mike Rogers, U.S. Representative for Michigan's 8th congressional district, 2013
I.e: Mike Rogers doesn't think it's rape unless the victim knows (s)he has been raped. Sounds legit.
Lif3l3ss
<Member>
Lif3l3ss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2011 11:26am | Report
wanna ask you have you ever tried his jungle or you just going off what other ppl say? at lvl 4 you 2 shot wraith camps which means you can grab theirs pretty fast too.. its a fast jungle i have tried many different ways at jungleing try it out first before you say "its bad" i here it every game i get into o Mao jungle is bad then i roll all over them. I don't think it has been experimented enough with people bash on something before they have even tried it.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2011 2:30pm | Report
It is bad. He can't sustain himself and he can't jungle fast. The only thing he's decent at is ganking, but being decent at ganking doesn't make up for the bad jungling itself.

At what time is your jungle path cleared and what path are you taking? (ingame timer)
""Toshabi took thy **** and strucketh Hotshot in his face 'thou art no god'" Toshabi 3:16" - Toshabi

"And then, TheJohn said something so Brazilian that it made all the Brazilians in Brazil turn to look at him" - Toshabi

"abloobloo ur triggering me" - Toshabi
Lif3l3ss
<Member>
Lif3l3ss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2011 5:07pm | Report
Searz wrote:

It is bad. He can't sustain himself and he can't jungle fast. The only thing he's decent at is ganking, but being decent at ganking doesn't make up for the bad jungling itself.

At what time is your jungle path cleared and what path are you taking? (ingame timer)

When i jungle mao i hit 6 at the same time mid lanes do maybe a few seconds later... 6:15 seconds just hit 6 done it 3 games in a row now i start golem wolves wraiths small golems recall then i can go wolves wraiths gank or wolves wraiths liz small golems alot of times i just so much faster then enemy jungle i start to take their jungle.
at level 3 when u have your 2nd point in sappling toss you almost instantly take out wraith camps 2 spells wraith camp cleared.. so taking their wraiths and wolves are extremely easy and fast.
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2011 4:28am | Report
Mao jungling is very very weak... he can jungle quite good from lvl 7 before that... He has superior lane-staying-power due to low mana usage and frequent regeneration, and build it bulkyness.
He is perfect for 1v2 lanes and this is what he is doing best imho. Roaming and ensuring ganks with his snare+Stun tactic is very viable like Searz said. Just keep in mind to do it undetected :P you are quite fat and slow.
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2011 10:07am | Report
Well, boots and utility masteries and MS quints should make you one speedy tree. You'll be at 370+MS at lvl1. That's how i roll Alistar :)
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F Roberts
Lif3l3ss
<Member>
Lif3l3ss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2011 11:21pm | Report
I play him with move quins and the utlity tree when i jungle i use Mob boots for ganking i then switch them out for merc later in teh game so ganking is actually extremely easy. I have changed alot of peoples minds with the way i build and play maokai.. People expect a bad troll and i steam roll their team i have not been out jungled by anyone yet as maokai.. yes a time here and there they sneak up and take my golem because my team doesnt want to protect me and even then i still hit 6 before their jungle.. And i have always ganked from lvl 1 just start at blue throw sapplings down at 1:24 and you should have 3 down and a 4th one off cd by the time golem spawns right there u have 4 stacks on your passive and if some1 uses an ability near u if they help with golem thats 5 so then you have your passive for the lifesteal when u get hhit too for the beginning with those 4 sapplings right there golem is then 2 auto attacks from smite range. smite kill other too minions lvl 2 then the jungle is super super easy and fast once your lvl 3 with 2 points in sapplings you 2 shot wolf camps and wraith camps..

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide