Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Need some advice

Creator: LetRoll October 19, 2011 1:31pm
1 2
LetRoll
<Member>
LetRoll's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2011 1:31pm | Report
Hi...I'm new (both here and in-game)

I thinking about buy new champion...I not hardcore-killing style(I perfer help teammate by assists)...so I not focus to assassin type.

2 champ catch my eye....Gragas & Heimerdinger....they look kindda fun for me.

Problem is....I don't have point to buy them both.....I have to choice one first. ^____^"

I never see them in action my self.....so.....I need some advice.

which one I should buy first??

or If you have other champion in you mind and want to recommend becuase they may suit my style....plz do. ^____^ (becuase a lot of champion...I only read a detail...I never see them in action)

but mainly....I will focus on those 2 first.

oh....and champion I already have is Kayle(Main Champion),Taric,Nasus

thx for any in-coming advice guys :P

***** Just notice....I may post in wrong Forums....sorry about that *****
SSJRoshi
<Member>
SSJRoshi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2011 1:50pm | Report
I have not played as Heimer yet, however, Gragas is a whole barrel of fun (See what I did there?). He'll get super tanky easily, and he can still do quite a bit of damage.

My advice, however, is to just wait until their free week's before buying them. I know when I first started, I thought I'd love fiddle from watching him. By the time I tried him, I really didn't like him.

So yeah, just wait until their free weeks and try them then, then buy them if you still like them.
Just my .02
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2011 2:32pm | Report
LetRoll
<Member>
LetRoll's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2011 2:57pm | Report
- SSJRoshi -

That what I plan to do....in a past 2 week.(hope they turn soon) ^_____^"

- TheJohn -

thx for a link....I will test in tomorrow. (too many text >_<)
SSJRoshi
<Member>
SSJRoshi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2011 3:09pm | Report
Just be ready, some champs don't go on free week that often at all. I've been playing for a long enough time to get 30, and I still haven't seen some of them, and a lot I've only seen once.
Just my .02
LetRoll
<Member>
LetRoll's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2011 6:02am | Report
I already test that Link....I got Gragas ^___^"

My friend remind me....I can cheack both champion gameplay from youtube(just see what kind of they's skill is...)

I think I should research a littel more....before I decide.

btw.....thx again for advice guys :P
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2011 6:05am | Report
Obviously you can either wait for them to become FTP to try them out: or you can play other champs and try to buy them with IP (or you can shell out some cash for RP and then buy them).

I would Recommend the second option. unless they come up on the list next week. That way you'll have them and even if you don't like them at first, you might have a change of heart later on and you might want to try them again. I know I didn't like Cho'Gath when I first tried him: but I decided to try him later on and I found out that I actually did like him, but I lacked enough experience to play him well.

Heimer and Gragas are difficult champions so be warned that it will take some practice to play them well.
LetRoll
<Member>
LetRoll's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2011 4:52pm | Report
- Kazega -

I plan to buy RP this weekend (I can't buy online...so I have to go and buy it for game shop) but I will use it to buy skin for kayle first...and spend some for boot my exp (I still Lv 13) :P

I play with Heimer today...and I kindda like his style...but I can't tell much becuase our other 3 teammate in this match....they kindda crazy...they gang all time and that make all me & Heimer can do is push lane.(I try to join them but can't catch up) ^^"

I still want to know....how this champ will do in a pressure game...when he got push back by opponent.

BTW....my friend told me. He have good way to decide this problem...."Flip a coin dude....so easy" (="""""""""""=)
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2011 9:43pm | Report
Heimer's strength is his pushing ability: he can push against many minions and even a champion or two effectively with well placed turrets. when you learn that you are golden.

PS: Heimer can heal turrets when he stands near them
Gunnarownsu
<Member>
Gunnarownsu's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2011 9:45pm | Report
Gragas is a load of fun and is way better than heimer, Good reason:Reginald mains him and got a penta in a tourney. buy him!

thanks toThe Nameless Bard,WaffleWarrior Alexanpt,Infraynor, Palzm, and Mastajdog for these amazing sigs.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide