Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides
's Forum Avatar

(EUW) Looking for 5v5 team mates!

Creator: Luddixz
March 8, 2013 7:53am
8 posts page 1 of 1 Forums » Community Games » (EUW) Looking for 5v5 team mates!
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Luddixz » March 8, 2013 7:53am | Report
Hello,

I and a friend of mine have recently discussed whether we should complete our team with the help from Mobafire or not and as you can see we've made our decision.
We are currently a duo looking for 3 more members to join our ranked 5v5-team and begin to climb the ladders. Below this wall of informative text I will post what roles we currently are in need of but first of all I'd like to go through a few things that we require and expect from you who so far might be interested in applying to join us, but also our expectations and goals as a whole.

What we expect from you:

1. A nice attitude. I'm really not asking for much here. Show your team mates respect by not rage quitting if we're having a bad day, don't harass any players out on the arena. We expect you to be mature enough not to fall for possible trolls and just let it go - focus on what you together with the rest of the team want to accomplish instead. Note that I don't decipher constructive criticism as any sort of harassment at all. I actually expect you to point out possible mistakes that a team member does, this, though, in a nice way. We're supposed to learn from each other and develop together as a team for the best possible end results.
2. Your account must be in level 30.
3. This is not a requirement but we'd like you to have at least 200 won games, or atleast somewhere near that.
4. A minimum of 16 owned champions.
5. Preferably full runes. Lacking 1-3 runes won't really affect your application as long as you're willing to buy them as soon as possible.
6. You must be able to play all roles in the arena (top, jungle, apc, adc, support). This in case we have to make some changes to the team in the future, though we do understand if you perform better with your primary role. All we require here is for you to understand the basics of each role that you're not as familiar with as you are with your primary role.
7. Skype + microphone is required.
8. You should be able to play evenings, UTC-time. We have not yet set up a schedule for when we want to get games going.
9. You must be able to play at least 3 champions well in your position. Meaning that you understand the mechanics of these three champions. In other words, your average individual skill should not decrease when switching between any of these champions. You should still be able to perform.

I've probably forgot about something... However if I haven't been clear, you're free to either comment or send me a private message with your questions.
We are starting from the absolute bottom of the ladder but we have no plans on staying there for much longer, therefore we also require dedication.

Team Roster:

Top: n/a
Mid: n/a
Support: Luddixz
ADC: Mikunie
Jungle: n/a

If you so far have been interested in applying to the team but prefer to play as either an ADC or a Support you're still very welcome to apply. Me and Mikunie are rather flexible and can, if you surprise us with a good application, adopt another position.

For the actual application I'd like you to tell me a little about yourself. E.g. where you live, how long you've played LoL and so on. You're also welcome to write about your goals in the team, why you're interested in joining, your expectations on me and Mikunie who are already in the team and also the team's leaders. Tell us about your top champions, who they are and why you like them and last but not least tell us which role you're applying for. More personal details such as Skype-names will be traded if you're accepted to the team.

We look forward to reading your applications, once again, don't hesitate to ask me if you have any questions about this team or our future plans and goals.

- Luddixz
Luddixz's Forum Avatar

Luddixz
<Member>
Posts: 7
Joined: Mar 8th, 2013
Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by sirell » March 8, 2013 9:27am | Report
Meh. I was going to apply, since I've been looking for a team, but then I looked up both of your stats.

I would rather play a few normal games and see where to go from there first. I fit all the above requirements.

I can play all positions, but prefer not to jungle at the moment, may change over time. I specialize in support, but since that is taken, I will work around that and offer myself to play mid.

I can tell you more about myself if interested.
sirell's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
sirell
<Scout>
Posts: 5910
Joined: Apr 30th, 2012
Rep: Esteemed (396)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Liamr123 » March 10, 2013 6:29am | Report
I'm interested in joining, I can play all positions except jungler, I specialise in playing mid, anything else you want to know ask hear or just pm me.
Liamr123's Forum Avatar

Liamr123
<Member>
Posts: 3
Joined: Mar 10th, 2013
Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by v0libear » March 11, 2013 7:47am | Report
I'm interested in joining as well but i'm not lev 30 yet soo could you wait till i get lev 30 (i'm lev 26) but yeah i can jungle(skarner).
I can all so solo top (volibear) but with a little help, anything else you want to know ask hear or just pm me.
v0libear's Forum Avatar

v0libear
<Member>
Posts: 2
Joined: Mar 8th, 2013
Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Wheew EUW » March 12, 2013 10:03am | Report
Luddixz wrote:

Hello,


We are starting from the absolute bottom of the ladder but we have no plans on staying there for much longer, therefore we also require dedication.

We look forward to reading your applications, once again, don't hesitate to ask me if you have any questions about this team or our future plans and goals.

- Luddixz


This made me laugh after checking there stats cus of sirell.
If you are at bottom of soloQ ladder don't expect to get high in 5v5 ladder.....
If you and you're friend are at that skill level you shouldn't be that picky about who joins...

Just saying cus strawhatbro with his team (there all gold + I think some plat) are still in silver don't get too high hopes.

Bye.
Check out my singed guide :)
Wheew EUW's Forum Avatar

Wheew EUW
<Member>
Posts: 263
Joined: Jan 24th, 2013
Rep: Unremarkable (9)
Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Luddixz » March 12, 2013 10:18am | Report
Wheew EUW wrote:


This made me laugh after checking there stats cus of sirell.
If you are at bottom of soloQ ladder don't expect to get high in 5v5 ladder.....
If you and you're friend are at that skill level you shouldn't be that picky about who joins...

Just saying cus strawhatbro with his team (there all gold + I think some plat) are still in silver don't get too high hopes.

Bye.


I fail to see how my post could make you laugh. I was being honest, there's nothing wrong with being honest, is there? I personally think it'd be much worse if I actually said that we were playing on gold, although we weren't. Also, I do have the rights to be picky, I wouldn't consider myself as a bad player, and I'm not saying that the reason I'm at the bottom is because of bad team mates, but it's because of people like you who judge other players by the league they play in. We're never given a chance.
One more thing, I'm not aiming to dedicate my life to this game. All I, we, want is a stable 5-man team. When we got our team we'll see how far we can get, but we sure as hell won't get anywhere if, once again, people reject us because of how far we've come so far. Because we really haven't gotten far, I admit that.

I must also add that I personally don't think I was very "picky" with this post. Just because it's detailed it does not mean that I'll reject people if they aren't silver+. I enjoy writing and I guess that's why my texts often end up longer than I first expected. Both me and Mikunie have though played together for years, not online in League of Legends but in other multiplayer games where we've lead various clans/guilds so I would say that we do have some experience in leadership, even though we might not be professional gamers.

That's all I had to say. Thank you for sharing your opinion and I hope my reply will help you respect my post instead of telling me what is impossible and what is not.

-Luddixz
Luddixz's Forum Avatar

Luddixz
<Member>
Posts: 7
Joined: Mar 8th, 2013
Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by sirell » March 12, 2013 10:41am | Report
Wheew's point is that being in Bronze IV does not give you the luxury of being picky about who applies for your team. You can be demanding as you want, but you simply aren't in a position to ask for 'good players'. Nor are you likely to go any further than the bottom of the ladder by virtue of the fact that your skill level isn't of the level in which to help carry your team. Especially when, given Wheew's example, a set of Gold/possibly Plat players are only Silver themselves.

What Wheew and myself are implying is that you should probably climb the soloq ranked a little first. You can say that you aren't a bad player all you want, but there's no way that you'd be in Bronze IV if you were. I mean, I play fairly regular at the moment with Gold players and even then, there is an extremely perceivable distance between my skill and theirs. Their microing, team-fight mechanics, reactions are all above mine. In a comparison between FalseoGod and myself, I was playing Veigar and he was playing Nasus. It should be easier for me as Veigar to farm my Q better than him and also farm in general with my AoE, yet not only did he farm his Q better than me, but outdid me in farm by 40 minions.

You can try your luck all you want, but unless you crack down and work hard to climb the ladders (solo or team), you're not gonna get far.

And to be fair, Wheew, OP isn't really picky with their member requirements anyway. They're kind of the basics for going into ranked anyway, though to be honest I would recommend 500 wins in normals before trying ranked.
sirell's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
sirell
<Scout>
Posts: 5910
Joined: Apr 30th, 2012
Rep: Esteemed (396)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Luddixz » March 12, 2013 11:45am | Report
sirell wrote:

Wheew's point is that being in Bronze IV does not give you the luxury of being picky about who applies for your team. You can be demanding as you want, but you simply aren't in a position to ask for 'good players'. Nor are you likely to go any further than the bottom of the ladder by virtue of the fact that your skill level isn't of the level in which to help carry your team. Especially when, given Wheew's example, a set of Gold/possibly Plat players are only Silver themselves.

What Wheew and myself are implying is that you should probably climb the soloq ranked a little first. You can say that you aren't a bad player all you want, but there's no way that you'd be in Bronze IV if you were. I mean, I play fairly regular at the moment with Gold players and even then, there is an extremely perceivable distance between my skill and theirs. Their microing, team-fight mechanics, reactions are all above mine. In a comparison between FalseoGod and myself, I was playing Veigar and he was playing Nasus. It should be easier for me as Veigar to farm my Q better than him and also farm in general with my AoE, yet not only did he farm his Q better than me, but outdid me in farm by 40 minions.

You can try your luck all you want, but unless you crack down and work hard to climb the ladders (solo or team), you're not gonna get far.

And to be fair, Wheew, OP isn't really picky with their member requirements anyway. They're kind of the basics for going into ranked anyway, though to be honest I would recommend 500 wins in normals before trying ranked.


Thank you for this message! This was a lot more detailed than Wheew's message. I understand exactly what you mean and once again I must say that I haven't rejected anybody yet. I'll gladly play a few games with anybody who is at least lvl 30 at able to join ranked queues. I'm far from being a professional gamer, but I still like my team mates to have the same goals as I and also either be on the same level as I am or slightly better/worse. There are a few groups of people that I'd personally stay away from and I'm pretty sure that you understand which types of groups these might be since you seem to have played League of Legends for a while, but in case you don't, here's a hint: Trolls. Even though I play on a very low level I still like to keep things serious, and that's really about it. :)
Once again thanks for your relpy and I understand why you and Wheew think/thought the way you did/do but I'd like to clarify: We don't expect very from our future team mates, but we sure would appreciate if they understood the basic mechanics of the game.

-Luddixz
Luddixz's Forum Avatar

Luddixz
<Member>
Posts: 7
Joined: Mar 8th, 2013
Profile

Quick Reply:

Guest commenting is currently disabled, please log in or sign up to respond!