Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

New to LOL and Moba

Creator: Kynerious January 28, 2015 7:08am
Kynerious
<Member>
Kynerious's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2015 7:08am | Report
I'm new here. My son turned me onto the game when he started playing last year. I joined to play with him and started enjoying it. I've played so many other games, been community representative, guild leader, raid leader, and so on. Here I want to take a back seat to all the organizing and stress of putting a team together myself, but I do want to find a good team I can contribute to. I am at level 28 right now, building my first account to 30 so I can get involved with a team and ranked play. I would enjoy getting to know more of you guys and finding a team to play with. I guess play a marksman in bot lane mostly, I like Varus (seems to fit my playstyle) I have Lucian and Caitlyn as close seconds. Wish they would give Lucian a nice skin...anyway, I can support bot too since I know what the marksman is looking for. I am still learning the other skills for top, mid, and I hate to say it, but jungle just doesn't seem to be my thing.

Thanks for your time, friend me here and in game, I'm on the North American Server and my name is the same as it is here, Kynerious.
Work In Progress, if you are a good sig artist, please help me out.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2015 7:13am | Report
Welcome :)

I can't speak for others though I think you'll ave more luck looking for a team if you look at the official league forums. As far as I can tell there aren't as much people looking for/creating teams out here.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2015 8:04am | Report
Hello there!

I hope you can find your team here. Mostly, I think you should learn the most you can from the game before diving into ranked play and such, since there's so much to learn still. You could join NA's inhouse games?

Good luck and have fun!
Kynerious
<Member>
Kynerious's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2015 8:53am | Report
Vynertje wrote:
Welcome :)

I can't speak for others though I think you'll ave more luck looking for a team if you look at the official league forums. As far as I can tell there aren't as much people looking for/creating teams out here.

Trying that route as well. Thank you for the reply though.
Kynerious
<Member>
Kynerious's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2015 8:55am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:
Hello there!

I hope you can find your team here. Mostly, I think you should learn the most you can from the game before diving into ranked play and such, since there's so much to learn still. You could join NA's inhouse games?

Good luck and have fun!

Here, or are you referring to somewhere else? Do I need a team for it, or is it something you can do solo?

Yes, I still have much to learn, and don't necessarily want to jump right into ranked. But I do want to find a team to learn/grow with and work my way towards ranked. That make more sense?
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2015 9:47am | Report
You can learn more about mobafire's inhouses here. No need for your own team ;)

What you say makes sense, just make sure you look out of the group: small groups create vices and if there's not enough good information circulating you might not build correct items or use the right sets of runes/masteries because your group doesn't have the knowledge necessary to shun misinformation.
Sir Wellington
<Member>
Sir Wellington's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2015 10:39pm | Report
Welcome aboard! I've been playing League since early Season 2 so I know a good deal about it if you have any questions.

There's something I have to mention though. You playing videogames together with your son is an awesome bond that few people have. Most parents would rather discourage their kids from playing games instead of jumping in to some couch co-op, and I can't count how many times I wished my own dad or mom would play with me. Enjoy the time with your son while you have it :)

Check out my manly Xin Zhao guide for manly men!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide