Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Grrg's Ranked thread of first time glory.

Creator: grrg June 11, 2013 1:51am
grrg
<Member>
grrg's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2013 1:51am | Report
So, my friend convinced me to duo with him for our placement matches. I am not pretty sure i shouldn't have after talking to some other people about duo queueing and placement matches, but I will not fear and climb my way out. We won 4 of the ten matches.

I am currently in Bronze II I have a very limited champ pool and am only good at a few of them. I will keep this thread for my own motivation and to ask for help from the more experienced members.

The lineup
Tryndamere
Garen
Shen (have also jungled when top was called but shen wasn't banned)

Mid
Diana
Morgana
Twisted Fate
Nidalee

Jangle
Nunu & Willump(main)
Master Yi (can also mid)
Warwick (not picked often just when other junglers are taken or dont suit the role ww can fill)

Support
Leona(main)
Nunu & Willump
Soraka(rarely, only when its of great benefit to the adc)

ADC
Ashe
Tristana
(kinda embarassing limitations)

I am working on my fourth rune page, need 2 more movespeed quints and i will have 4 full pages that should serve me well for now.

After that I will expand my champ pool as I can. Any advice or thoughts will be of great help to me in climbing the ladders.

So for the part that I will update.
Current Division: Bronze 2
Next buy: Movespeed Quints
grrg
<Member>
grrg's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2013 2:10am | Report
Game 1

Got carried, gg.

Seriously though, my twisted fate play is just no where up to snuff for ranked as I thought it was. I knew he was a soft counter to ryze since he could force him to farm under turret, what I did not expect was Kha to swap with ryze. So I went down there with a dorans ring and failed miserably. An early gank had me use flash, followed by a flash from kha later on to get a kill.

I decided to forget wards to give me a better chance by getting boots and some pots, well this was not a great idea. I was ganked after one wave from bot brush. At this point renekton asked if I wanted to switch, I said I should be ok with wards since my last death was a gank. I got killed immediately after with a jump combo from kha and switched lanes with renek. I started doing fairly well untill once again I got ganked, I had placed my wards mid and renek had not placed any. I was feeling pretty tilted. Our team was 7 and 4 and I was the only four deaths.

After I came back up a 3 on 2 fight had broken out mid, I ulted in netting me one kill and 2 assists. I was able to slightly recover from that, only dieing 1 more time in lane when kha and ryze swapped back. after that we had a few fights that I got killed in, but my team cleaned up nicely. Was trying to go for an early Lich bane to split push since i really wasnt much help any other way. Enemy surrendered and it was over.

Lesson learned: TF mechanics are not so great, need to improve or drop champ.

What do yall think?
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2013 3:18am | Report
I'm thinking "dont start Doran's Ring". Not against Kha'Zix, not against Ryze, not ever :P

Oh, and eh, about your roster, having a limited pool of champions is no problem at all, I personally use no more than 3 champions per role and, honestly, even that is probably too much. Just make sure you have a basic understanding of every role and focus on the ones you're good at (preferably 1 or 2). I'd say there are some names in there that I wouldn't generally recommend ( Ashe, Warwick and support Nunu & Willump for example) because I think other champions are better, but as long as you play the champs well that shouldn't necessarily be a big issue.

Good luck! :)

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
grrg
<Member>
grrg's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2013 10:35am | Report
Right, whenever I can I will jungle or support. I have been focusing on Nunu & Willump jungle and Leona support. The other champs are just there so that I have options when I am not playing one of my two roles.

Yeah, I know Ashe is suspect, but as you can see I have 2 options for adc. And if Tristana is grabbed by someone and I am left with adc, well Ashe it is. Probably after movespeed quints I will pick up another adc.
Warwick is explained why he is currently a part of my roster, honestly if I am jungling I am hoping to play nunu. Also Warwick is who I learned to jungle with, so there is an amount of comfort there. And support Nunu & Willump is the same way. I know he isn't optimal but if thats the way it falls during champ select then support Nunu & Willump I am playing.

Also, Doran's Ring start is great on Morgana, probably not near as good on [Twisted Fate]]. I will definitely remember that next time I am wanting to start Doran's Ring though ;).

Thanks for the advice and comments. I can't wait to hear more :).
grrg
<Member>
grrg's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2013 4:01pm | Report
Game 2
Bans
Us Amumu Thresh Hecarim
Them Blitzcrank Shen Malphite

Holy **** internet, why you gotta do this to me?

I was out of the game for about 12 min when my internet decided to **** out for the first time in a week. Thought that we had gotten that fixed.

Anyways, so this game was going well from champ select. I was first and someone called jungle. I could have tried to force playing mid or something, but I decided to just pick a nice, hard to counter Leona. They took our junglers first choice of Xin Zhao but It was fine.

We went for an invade on blue, that didn't go as well as hoped. We did get first blood, but it would have been better if I hadn't stunned Taric and instead stunned someone who mattered. they picked up a kill on riven putting her behind in jungling. When we got to lane it was a fairly strait forward. I innitiated a few times when my adc wasn't prepared to go in. It cost me a death. I need to be better at communicating with my adc when I am going in.

About the time we were going to go for dragon my internet went down. It was unfortunate but I worked like a madman to get it back to working. And came back into the game to find all of our teir 2 turrets still up with minions pushed to them. My team held up fine 4v5 and as soon as I got there we just won 2 teamfights, getting dragon on one and pushing up to an inhibitor turret on the other. I warded like a madman giving us lots of vision and we were able to control the game from there.

As far as mistakes go in this game all I can think of was that terrible jungle stun lvl 1, and the communication with adc mentioned earlier. I think I also got caught out by Gangplank, but he used ult and team initiated a 4v4 fight mid, so it didn't go terribly bad.
grrg
<Member>
grrg's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2013 1:48am | Report
Spammed a few games today.

Game 3

So, we had a fail invade lvl 1. Our goal was to shut down mumu, but it was like they smelled the invade as all five were there. We wound up giving first blood. This just spiraled downhill through the whole game. I think I didn't get enough wards, or wasn't paying enough attention, but we got ganked multiple times. When we were 1 and 5 cait just all chatted gg. I tried to convince them we had a chance but it was like they didn't care. IDK. I'm going to look at my replay to see what really happened and try to fix it for next time.

Game 4

This game went so much better than expected. we started 0 and 6. Jayce was our "adc" GP was our "support" the enemy varus was 9/2 by the time teamfights started happening. Then it was like no one knew how to focus, on either team. Aside from our syndra. I just fed her kill after kill when I could. Once our team figured out how to focus I had frozen heart to counteract a bit of varus and jax aspeed. Then we just started taking tower, after tower. And then we destroyed the nexus.

I think I should have told GP to just jungle, and I would support. IDK, he picked after me.

How much of the game is won during champ select?

Game 5

Top lane nunu is not optimal right now. Our person who called top was like "**** I can't top against a Rumble. So I told him to take jungle. I got my yeti *** handed to me. Fiddle****s camped mid, and rumble just knew how to zone me out so well. I grabbed WOTA to try to be as beneficial as possible when teamfights rolled around. But they just owned us every teamfight.

I made so many mistakes I cant even begin to list them here.

Does anyone know of a good description of how to lane against a rumble?
I wouldn't mind doing some 1v1 practice against someone if they wanna practice up on rumble. Just let me know and we can work it out.
LevasK
<Member>
LevasK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2013 2:22am | Report
First game 11.3 Kass.. Well there's your problem.
Game 2 pretty sure you should have picked up Randuin over heart as your team already had 1.
Game 3 how to win against rumble in lane Don't lane against rumble :)

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
grrg
<Member>
grrg's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2013 11:49am | Report
LevasK wrote:

First game 11.3 Kass.. Well there's your problem.
Game 2 pretty sure you should have picked up Randuin over heart as your team already had 1.
Game 3 how to win against rumble in lane Don't lane against rumble :)

Yeah, but you know, pantheon counters kass :P

I got heart first. When I looked GP was building damage items. But w/e.

Thanks for the helpful advice. I'll remember that next time.
I was looking around. Apparently rumble is bad against nidalee... anyone know if this is true?
Zelrack
<Member>
Zelrack's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2013 6:16am | Report
I don't think Rumble is "bad" against anyone. Sure, he must have some rough matchup, but I think he can come back from almost any lane.

Not too sure about this though, because I'm not a Rumble player and I don't know much about the top lane.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide