Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Lack of amateur NA LoL tournaments.

Creator: KhaliWear April 9, 2015 3:29pm
1 2
KhaliWear
<Member>
KhaliWear's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 9, 2015 3:29pm | Report
Hey everyone

I manage multiple teams. Last year it was strictly LoL because there was some good tournaments out there for amateurs to try and make a small business out of it all. Also it was my first time trying to be a manager. Now I am finding absolutely nothing.

DotA2 how ever has $1000+ plus prize pools every month even more. Even hearthstone has more going on then LoL on the amateur scene. Only thing I can find for LoL is mobafire and some other one where you have to pay to join.

I really want to push the LoL team this year, but honestly, RP tournies won't get me to move my but at all. Also, with all that I can make from Dota 2. LoL is in my peripheries.

Am I missing something with the monthly or weekly tournaments? there used to be national ESL for NA but that died off as well.

Sincerely,

Jakub Pauch
www.khaliwear.com team manage
KhaliWear
<Member>
KhaliWear's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 9, 2015 3:44pm | Report
Hell, even World of Tanks has more going on then LoL on the amateur scene.
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
BigBoxGamer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 9, 2015 4:13pm | Report
And... the point is?
Short Term Goals: Silver/Gold/Platinum || Long Term Goals: Diamond/Master/Challenger
KhaliWear
<Member>
KhaliWear's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 9, 2015 5:51pm | Report
The point is there is not enough money for me to try and care about LoL. As well is there any weekly/ monthly tournaments that i am missing?
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 9, 2015 7:32pm | Report
I don't mean to be nit picking, but you posted on League forum but you don't care because there isn't enough prize money. And, none that are paying a lot if that's what you're looking for.
Short Term Goals: Silver/Gold/Platinum || Long Term Goals: Diamond/Master/Challenger
KhaliWear
<Member>
KhaliWear's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2015 6:22am | Report
I do care. I can make money from league, I am getting to the point where I have to buy euro accounts for my team to play in euro tournaments.

Why is the amateur scene so stagnant in NA considering how big it actually is?

Mobafire is going to be hosting a dota2 monthly soon enough. Thats just another tournament for me to compete in.
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2015 1:59pm | Report
I see.

I don't know why that is, it's probably the hardest to be an am in, even if you are winning because the actual money prize pools are so small. I'm not saying it's harder in other games, but easier if you're winning because of the size of the prize pools.

I don't care much for DotA 2, but that's cool.
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2015 9:01pm | Report
I don't think there are any high Elo people in NA on this site anymore.
Like I'm guessing there would be 1?
The Europe scene is far better than the NA scene.

Basically MOBAFire.
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2015 11:53pm | Report
Europe isn't better than North America, the E.U players just aren't ****s and actually work as a team.
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2015 4:30am | Report
So you basically want easy money without having to do basically anything in order to achieve it?

The reason why you pay a small amount of money to compete in tournaments is because that helps them keep organizing those tournaments. If you'd lose absolutely nothing in order to win a pile of cash, you probably shouldn't be a manager, because the way it works is that you take risks and calculate whether it's worth it to take the risk or not.

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide