Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

LoL roster leaves Moscow Five

Creator: TheBlueReaper January 10, 2013 8:49am
TheBlueReaper
<Member>
TheBlueReaper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2013 8:49am | Report
It is not a secret that Moscow Five from the very beginning was financed solely by Dima Brave, the founder and the leader of the project. During the course of two years M5 has become the most titled and the most well financed project in the history of Russian eSports. The budget consisted of not only salaries of numerous staff members and players, but also expenses related to the attendance of LAN events, organization of boot camps, improvement of infrastructure and other project related activities. In May 2012 M5 has signed a sponsorship agreement with BenQ and MSi, who covered some of our expenses - it was a significant step forward. In the following month Dima brave was arrested in Amsterdam by the request of the American government, therefore the sponsorship funding has become the only funding for Moscow Five, so the pure existence of the organization was at stake. That was the time, when Konstantin "Groove" Pikiner has stepped in to become a temporary leader of the project, until the return of Dima. It was a heavy burden to deal with the internal financial crisis and to resume the development. It was necessary to acquire an additional sponsorship in a very short time span, but, unfortunately, Konstantin was not able to do so. Consequently, we had to split paths with several gaming divisions. Today, unfortunately, our very last LoL team has to leave the project as well.

We would like to thank Mark Averbukh, our former editor-in-chief, who wasn't afraid to face the challenge and has been committed voluntarily for over than half a year. Moreover we would like to thank Ruslan, our programmer, who was also ready to assist us for several months, while not asking anything in return.

We would like to thank M5.LoL players, who have declined several offers from solid foreign organizations that have offered conditions much better than M5 was able to. We believe that the information about their future will be revealed really soon. We know for sure that they will able to make it to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice.

We would like to thank our general sponsor BenQ, who have acted professionally in every aspect of our cooperation. We are grateful to our another partner MSi as well.

In the end we would like to thank our supporters, the people we've been working for all this time. We believe you know whom to thank for the existence of Moscow Five, for the moments of joy and happiness you have shared in our victories. Dima Brave, our founder and leader, is obviously the person we have in mind.

With the loss of League of Legends roster the project is basically becoming inactive, but there is a possibility that in the nearest future Moscow Five shall resume its activity.

Link to M5 website

M5 was my favorite team :C
Thanks to jhoijhoi , TinyStar , Minho, Hogopogo , TheNamelessBard and GMD for the sigs!
TheLastWolf
<Member>
TheLastWolf's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2013 12:26pm | Report
A sad day to the LoL community. M5 brought a revolution to the game, showing that the word "useless" is not on this game. Evelynn or Master Yi, who used to be Troll-picks, and now are knowed picks (and Eve is one of the top champions atm) thanks to M5.

GG WP M5, we won´t forget you.

-Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard , Xiaowiriamu and myself for this awesome sigs-

-Place for the future guides-
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2013 12:59pm | Report
I'm pretty sure the team will still exist, just under a different tag lol
TheLastWolf
<Member>
TheLastWolf's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2013 1:30pm | Report
Khazem wrote:

I'm pretty sure the team will still exist, just under a different tag lol

Well, the thing is that I thoug that the roster would disband...But I read on other side that the team will keep together, so looks like the guys from the mother Russia will be back, but under another name.

-Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard , Xiaowiriamu and myself for this awesome sigs-

-Place for the future guides-
TheBlueReaper
<Member>
TheBlueReaper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2013 3:36pm | Report
Imagine ex-CLG.EU and M5 uniting under the same banner...Man that would be epic!(TSM.EU anyone?):D
Thanks to jhoijhoi , TinyStar , Minho, Hogopogo , TheNamelessBard and GMD for the sigs!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide