Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Lucorian5's Solo Queue Adventures!

Creator: Lucorian5 August 4, 2013 3:49pm
Lucorian5
<Member>
Lucorian5's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 7, 2013 6:02pm | Report

Well at the end of the day if you're aiming to hit gold, what really matters is MMR, not winning your silver 5 promotionals as soon as possible. :P

I suppose so, still annoying but oh well got a free boost to my Talon stats by having to play an extra game.

A +rep is always nice, and if I helped you out, do give one (or more) of my guides a read! Feedback is very welcome, and if you liked them give them a vote!
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 7, 2013 6:19pm | Report
I saw you asked if ADC was a good way to rise up in ranked, and it definitely is, especially if you duo queue with a support player like I've been doing. Very easy to win your lane and then win the game if you have a good matchup etc.
Lucorian5
<Member>
Lucorian5's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 7, 2013 10:13pm | Report

Talon will end world poverty. That was against a Diana mid, a supposed "hard counter" to Talon.

A +rep is always nice, and if I helped you out, do give one (or more) of my guides a read! Feedback is very welcome, and if you liked them give them a vote!
Lucorian5
<Member>
Lucorian5's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 7, 2013 11:06pm | Report

Talon for president.

Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2013 2:30am | Report
Diana doesn't really counter Talon, but of all the common meelee mid laners, she's probably the hardest.
Lucorian5
<Member>
Lucorian5's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2013 9:27am | Report

Diana doesn't really counter Talon, but of all the common meelee mid laners, she's probably the hardest.

She's considered a counter because a bad or mediocre Talon (so...pretty much all of them) will get destroyed every single time; an experienced Talon who knows you don't always need to fight your lane opponent will have no real trouble at all unless she's unusually skilled. I do the same thing to her as I do to Zed, just play super passively and farm while dodging her harass for a while, occasionally hitting her with Rake, and then at about level 6 start harassing a bit more and then suddenly unexpectedly go all in and burst her face for a free kill. Not to mention I can roam a lot better than she can.

Lucorian5
<Member>
Lucorian5's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2013 6:14pm | Report

This one was real close. Basically both teams played poorly, we took turns gaining leads and then throwing them away. The game started with an invade on our blue which killed Maokai and set him quite behind. A little while later I messed up badly and died to Ahri (who had a big advantage since she had gotten first blood, but I really should not have died nonetheless) but I still had a slight cs advantage so I wasn't completely out of it. The whole game was back and forth with both teams getting caught out of position on numerous occasions; I played poorly early on but I definitely did a good job catching Caitlyn out with our well-placed Wards in their jungle. I have to admit, as close as it was, a large part of why we won was the fact that their Fiddlesticks was so awful, at one point in the early game I hit him with a Rake that took literally half his HP since he had no armor runes whatsoever; I wasn't even fed at that point at all. He also kept wandering off alone and either myself or Master Yi would catch him and get a free insta-kill on him putting it at a 4v5 which allowed us to take objectives quite easily. That game was a close thing, but we scraped by in the end and my winning streak is now at 7 games (5 with Talon).

Lucorian5
<Member>
Lucorian5's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2013 8:14pm | Report

Easiest game I've had in a loooong time; nothing to it really, enemy team was just awful. Both my deaths were just me stupidly going YOLO when I knew we had 0 chance whatsoever of losing, shouldn't have died at all but it really doesn't matter they never stood a chance, and I'm pretty sure their Caitlyn was sitting at the platform for the last couple minutes waiting for 20 to surrender. Kinda sad.

Lucorian5
<Member>
Lucorian5's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2013 9:18pm | Report
Another Talon win, 16-2-7 and forgot to screeny since I was talking to their Riven about my Talon build and where I got it from since she was wondering if I made it up myself, I told her sadly no and linked her to The New Talon (your welcome for the free advertising and showcasing Vapora :3).

DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2013 3:08am | Report
congrats on getting your ranked w/l positive :D and congrats on getting silver 4, by the way youre playing youll probably hit silver 3 after your next few games
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide