Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Nameless does ranked (s4)

Creator: The_Nameless_Bard January 19, 2014 11:22am
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 24, 2014 8:26am | Report
this was "I read somewhere that....*quote WORD FOR WORD identical jargon about making it easier for players clearly playing at a skill level above their ranking to rise in ranking*"

These people have never even met, so that's a bit weird.

Even if it's not true, I wanna see where they found this ****.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 24, 2014 9:05am | Report
That's always been like a myth some people believed in. But your LP gains only depend on your rank relative to the enemy team's rank, and your MMR.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 24, 2014 9:27am | Report
Oh I know. I want to know what these people are directly quoting it from because I'm interested in where they found that information at this point.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 24, 2014 9:31am | Report
Oh I know. I want to know what these people are directly quoting it from because I'm interested in where they found that information at this point.

We know, you've said that 5 times. :p
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 24, 2014 9:35am | Report
Well, if people didn't keep making the same point over and over after I already said it's obvious they are directly quoting a false source not just spouting nonsense for no reason, maybe I wouldn't feel the need to repeat myself.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2014 5:23pm | Report
well, slowly getting there:

I played that Zyra game with 200+ ping the entire game, with a maximum of 650. I really have no idea how we pulled that off. Pretty sure the AD unsupport Morgana on the enemy team was a factor.

one more win and I'll be in my series for Silver III
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2014 5:58pm | Report
Maybe I shouldn't be tearing the discussion all open again, but I think that we should see the Elo system and the League system as two separate systems. When you play games the Elo system changes your Elo rating (MMR), and the League system aims to visualize your Elo rating. If your MMR is higher than the average MMR of those in your league, the League system visualizes that by giving you more LP for winning a game and less LP for losing a game, so that you will get in the League where your MMR is close to the average MMR of that League. Promos mess stuff up a little though.

I believe that if two people, one with a relatively low MMR and one with a relatively high MMR, queue up together, and they win the game, that the one with the low MMR gets a high MMR boost, and the one with the high MMR gets a small MMR boost. When they lose a game, the one with the low MMR gets a small MMR decrease, and the one with a high MMR gets a big MMR decrease. So if you indeed queued up with GMD a lot, and lost a lot of games while queuing with GMD, you didn't lose a lot of MMR during that time, the few games you won may have canceled the losses out or you may even have gained some MMR. Anyway, it explains why your MMR is still relatively high and that's why you gain lots of LP. Though this is all theory since I can't confirm whether MMR gains work like that or not.

Good luck with your series by the way!
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2014 6:21pm | Report
I also ended up in Silver I because I dropped due to inactivity, so my MMR was higher than the average Silver I to begin with when we started queuing up.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 27, 2014 1:32pm | Report

obviously what the team needs when we have plenty of hard CC to interrupt Death Lotus is Annie instead of an ADC. -.-
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 27, 2014 2:09pm | Report
ugh.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide