Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

OGN Spring 2015

Creator: I want to be a Blitzball January 7, 2015 5:19am
39 posts - page 1 of 4
1 2 3 4
I want to be a Blitzball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2015 5:19am | Report
With OGN shifting over to the LCS format, even though I loved the old format, I'm more than excited to watch multiple best of 3 every week. Did anyone watch the first best of 3 between Najin and SKT today? I loved it, especially with those two teams being the best Korea has right now. Sadly, Najin didn't perform well in game 2 and game 3, but whatever. I'm excited to see the Tigers and Samsung play against Najin and SKT, and always praying for someone to 2:0 SKT. What do you guys think of the new OGN format, and who do you expect to take first place?

Also, three possible awards for a single player? There's only one who can get them all.

Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2015 5:59am | Report
I watched them all. NJW looked really good in the first game... Then proceeded to get steamrolled the next two. Game 2 was definitely SKT playing really well, but game 3 was NJW playing poorly as opposed to SKT really winning. Ggoong was definitely making a lot of really questionable plays in that game.

I missed a lot of Game 1, so I won't comment much about it.

In game 2, Easyhoon was just so beastly on that Xerath. While his generally play was simply above ordinary, those Rite of the Arcanes were on point. Absolutely amazing. We also can't rule out MaRin from that game as well. His TPs were also exceptional, and it was him that was able to make the plays that SKT needed to make picks. To make picks with teleport is definitely something that is exclusive to Korean playstyles. You rarely see TPs of that caliber in NA or EU. The Maokai itself was fairly standard, it was simply the TPs that were amazing.

Game 3 was definitely sloppy. Of course, the MVP of the game, Wolf, was just amazing. The level 1 (or was it 2?) gank on Ggoong made me spit out my water. Like, seriously, being able to actually make that **** work in the highest grade competitive League of Legends is something really special. But yes, it definitely wasn't Ggoong's game. Janna level gank, then Bengi coming in for another kill. Faker outpredicting Ggoong in mid lane for another kill... The tilt was definitely apparent. He fed another kill to Faker because he was simply out of options and took a very risky chance, and it did not benefit him. Ahri was 0/4 by 15 minutes, right? But this was not exclusive to Ggoong. A similar instance in bot lane occurred where SKT was ready for NJW's play and completely turned it around. Tilt tilt tilt tilt tilt. At one point, SKT, specifically Faker, definitely did get way too confident and gave NJW some chances that should not have really happened, but SKt still had a dominating victory. Also, Faker penta.

Well, I'd still turn gay for Watch though.

Thank you to MissMaw for the signatures!
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2015 8:43am | Report
Game 2 was just sad for a Najin fan, considering they did the exact same mistake SKT did in game 1. But, game 1 was the most entertaining considering Najin ran probably my favorite type of comp. You give them a finger and they'll take your hand the first time before they rip your arm off the second time. Najin should never play those type of comps that don't spike in the early or midgame, seeing how they simply got destroyed in game 2 and 3. Really though, how could they copy SKT's mistake when they knew that it would more than likely fail?

Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2015 1:35pm | Report
Kinda related since there is no lcs thread as of now but Impact is now in na playing on Team Impulse.

Kinda crazy from skt1 likely top team this year to a na lcs team who might not be top 3 or 4. Impusle aka formerly lmq.

They have a amazing top lane and mid lane and jungle is really good but bot lane im not sure i dont ever remember Wizfujiin being that amazing.

Na actually has alot of good top laners now. Impact, Balls, Quas and Dyrus.

http://lol.gamepedia.com/Team_Impulse
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2015 6:32pm | Report
Wow, that's pretty big news, actually.
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2015 11:38pm | Report
My only fear with Team Impulse really is just communication. Rush and Impact speak Korean. XWX speaks Chinese Mandarin and broken English, and Adrian and WizFujiin speak English. Adrian does speak Chinese, but he speaks Cantonese.

Yes, SHRC were able to reach finals with language barriers, but you just have to realise that if SHRC could communicate better, then they would've been able to perform much better. It's scary to think of the potential. The language barrier limits SHRC from how good they can be, and they're already a world class team. Team Impulse will no doubt be limited by the language barrier as well.

Also, Team Impulse vs Team Liquid.

EDIT: Team Impulse Impact. I don't know if that's a cool name or a really awkward sounding name.
Imma 'bout to end this man's whole career
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
Savlonic
<Member>
Savlonic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2015 9:38am | Report
I would be surprised if impulse managed to place maybe 5th this upcoming season with how little real communication they'll have outside of pings. Impact and XWX are fantastic players, dunno much about Rush and I only hear awful things about WizFujiin, dunno Adrian either. But anyways seems off topic since this is supposed to be OGN related and Impact is no longer in the OGN.

Faker LB was enjoyable to watch again after such a long time, I would be surprised if any team made the mistake of leaving it open again, Janna roam was superb, Poor Ggoong man.
Sig by TheNameless ^ Check out my Nasus guide ^
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2015 11:30am | Report
I think C9 might actually fall of this split and get 3rd. They will never get any better with current roster well other teams are improving eventually with same line up you cap out.

Especially since rumor was they could have gotten dade but did not want give up on hai.

Talk about being BFF lol.
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2015 11:38am | Report
Savlonic wrote:
I would be surprised if impulse managed to place maybe 5th this upcoming season with how little real communication they'll have outside of pings. Impact and XWX are fantastic players, dunno much about Rush and I only hear awful things about WizFujiin, dunno Adrian either. But anyways seems off topic since this is supposed to be OGN related and Impact is no longer in the OGN.

Faker LB was enjoyable to watch again after such a long time, I would be surprised if any team made the mistake of leaving it open again, Janna roam was superb, Poor Ggoong man.

Very possible im going to make a bold prediction and say.

1. Team Liquid
2/3. TSM, C9 (could go ether way)

When i look Team Liquid they honestly remind me of alliance a team of pretty much almost best players in there region now.

IMO they dont habe anyone not in top 3 in there role and two very best.

Compare that to c9 which just has the best jungler and tsm best mid laner.

C9's mid lane has been a weak point of the team. Tsm's ADC/BOTLANE i would argue is a weak point as of late maybe he can improve. Liquid dont have a weak point maybe in mid lane if that turns out as bad pick up.

Quas-Easily Top 3 top laner in na very under rated.
IWD- Another underrated hes easily top 3 jungle na.
FeniX- The question mark for me i dont know much about him but he seems really good from what i heard maybe even step up from voyboy.
Piglet- Best ADC na (Should be)
Xpecial- Best support na
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2015 3:19am | Report
GE Tigers sweeping IM, not surprising really. Really interested to see if Pray can regain his former self and be able to match up with the other big ad carries in OGN. Rooting for Samsung in their match today, really hoping they can improve over the split and maybe get a top 3 finish. You can always pray for a 2:1, just for entertainment.

1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide