Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Predacon - From Coal to Diamond

Creator: Predacon December 27, 2015 10:31pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 21 34
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 27, 2015 10:31pm | Report
Hello my name is Predacon, and this is to document my journey from the bottom to the top.

I have played League of Legends since the beta days back when there were only about 500 people or so, but always just played the game for funies in normals without putting that much effort into getting extremely good. I'm looking to finally change that now in season 6. I reached gold in season 3 simply for the skin, and almost made it in season 5 but went on an extreme tilt combined with rust, and I only waited till the last two weeks to play ranked at all, so I didn't get Vic Sivir.

I'm formerly an Annie main, she was always my go to champ, simple, strong, fun, I own many skins for her, but I've since wanted to switch to a more skillful character, which I found Riven in season 2, and had a decent run with her. These days Riven feels a ton weaker, but I've stuck with her regardless and had quite a struggle relearning her since I hadn't played League in a year in a half and skipped season 4 entirely.

I know how to play every role at a decent level, but I try to get top lane as Riven when I can.

My placement games from two months ago placed me in Silver III, I've since then worked my way up, and will put all future games here.

Current Rank: Platinum V
Current Goal: Diamond V

Past Season Rank
Season 1: Silver
Season 2: Silver
Season 3: Gold V
Season 5: Gold III
What I'm Playing

Mid

Jungle

Marksman/ADC

Support

I can play more than listed, but these would be my strongest picks in each role most likely, and hopefully get a skin for each down the line. I've become decently proficient with Lee Sin, but don't want to take him to ranked for personal reasons.

I find Riven, Lee Sin, and Vayne to be the most fun to play amongst all characters.

That's all my history and opinions on League, so now begins a new chapter for me - https://youtu.be/XNDPib1ttNo?t=15s

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 27, 2015 11:22pm | Report

Forgot to screenshot the results screen, but this is fine.

Even though I was forced to support, I didn't mind, as the game went extremely well.

The Draven was solid, and we dominated Lucian/Thresh, secured two dragons, and Volibear couldn't gank us because I warded well. I also solo killed Volibear who was trying to solo dragon, that was the highlight of the game for me. Draven died once trying to steal scuttle crab from Lucian/Thresh, I jumped in to save him and that resulted in our one deaths, was rather silly, but I got the crab heh.

After I added the Draven and were gonna duo some games tomorrow.

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 28, 2015 12:18am | Report

This game didn't go as well, our jungler didn't have much presence while their Lee Sin was great.

I made a mistake and died early in lane to Shaco, but otherwise my lane went pretty even, and he tried to tower dive with Lee which we picked up two kills from even though I died.

Mid and bot lost very badly, while my lane ended up more or less even. When I saw Kindred ADC I probably should have dodged.

Did some solid outplays here and there, don't think this game could be salvaged regardless if you look at the overall team deaths.

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 28, 2015 1:00am | Report

We almost won this game as Yi got really fed, but he also came bot to give Vayne two kills, which I knew we would lose from that, he also tried to 1v4 many times because of it.

The Karma also made terrible moves and suicided herself twice into the Vayne.

In the end we lost because they engaged 4vs5 while I was pushing out a huge wave bot on our tower, arrived to the fight late and couldn't defend the Nexus by myself.

The Karma was really toxic, and we didn't mesh as a lane at all.

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 28, 2015 1:40am | Report

I don't really want to talk about this game. Graves just suicided himself into the enemy botlane multiple times and was a first time ADC, which he didn't mention in the chat beforehand.

I wanted to top lane, but Ezreal of all characters took it.

I got demoted to Gold V from this game, tilted to the extreme.

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 28, 2015 9:12pm | Report

A duo game with the said Draven I met aka Mister Squeebles.

We dominated bottom for the most part against a Cait/Trundle leaving lane with no deaths and many kills, later some mistakes were made and Yi split pushing, making some bad engages, but we pushed down all the turrets he grabbed an inhib while we died.

Eventually Yi backdoored their Nexus while we were teamfighting mid, was great.

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 28, 2015 9:46pm | Report

This game went quite badly for us, we were against a heavy poke lane bot, so had to hug the tower for a while missing CS, and tried to hard engage leading to Tristana getting picked. Our jungler didn't have much presence this time to help with the pressure a bit, and their Lee dove to kick me while Tristana was back.

Swain fed Ezrael a few kills on his own, and seemed to be on tilt and went 0/9, while Nasus was mostly camped by Lee to stop him from stacking, so we couldn't reach late game. They got a bit cocky and we killed them for shutdown gold all around, but it wasn't enough, and they closed out the game quickly.

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 28, 2015 10:35pm | Report

This was a close game, but we couldn't close out due to not grouping for objectives. Only Vayne could do any damage, and Yasuo fed a lot and generally wasn't effective. Shame, because this could have gone either way. Team became too afraid to fight so we got picked off.

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2015 5:14am | Report

This game went pretty well up until Talon and Yi decided they wanted to try to fight alone instead of taking objectives, I was able to rotate around the map and push down every tower, they tried to take baron as well, in which me and Darius alone aced their team, I got a quadra kill, it was the highlight of the game.

Eventually I called to shove mid while Yi and Darius went to baron when I told them not to, which in turn threw the game as Udyr picked me off with no peel, which they ended the game there.

It was very frustrating when the team would not listen to me throughout the game, instead throwing our advantages away.

Baron throws are very real.

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2015 5:56am | Report

After 3 straight losses, finally a victory shines through.

My laning phase went really badly, I died because I went into tower range by mistake while trying to play overly aggressive with Poppy. My second death she pinned me against the wall and bursted me down before I could even shield or flash. I roamed a bit later though and picked up a kill on their jungler and mid laner, this helped me into the mid game.

The others lanes destroyed, and Caitlyn was extremely fed, so I got mostly carried this game.

Their Ashe gave up and starting running herself into us for free kills.

I don't really like taking free elo, but sometimes you get carried.

Humble Riven Main
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 21 34

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide