Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Will there ever be women pro gamers in lcs and...

Creator: cooper56 May 31, 2013 7:27pm
1 2
cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2013 7:27pm | Report
Im wondering why there are no women in lcs or that play competitively. Im sure there are alot of high rated female players who could go pro have any of them tried? I could be wrong but i dont think i have seen a female in lcs or even qualifiers. Wondering is there a reason. Obviously most of community is male but i dont think the females that play this game are that small that we wont see some of them as full time players.
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2013 7:30pm | Report
Obviously only men have the balls to quit school and #YOLOSWAGKONY2013 into a full-time progaming career.
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
Lies
<Member>
Lies's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2013 7:32pm | Report
cooper56 wrote:

Im wondering why there are no women in lcs or that play competitively. Im sure there are alot of high rated female players who could go pro have any of them tried? I could be wrong but i dont think i have seen a female in lcs or even qualifiers. Wondering is there a reason. Obviously most of community is male but i dont think the females that play this game are that small that we wont see some of them as full time players.

Giddy-up, cowboy.
cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2013 7:42pm | Report
huh thats not na
Lies
<Member>
Lies's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2013 7:45pm | Report
Satella wrote:

Obviously only men have the balls to quit school and #YOLOSWAGKONY2013 into a full-time progaming career.

That's too distasteful. Some guys in NA who are in the competitive scene, do in fact, have universities that they are admitted to. With the permission from the head of the campus, they are allowed to continue their career.
Lies
<Member>
Lies's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2013 7:49pm | Report
cooper56 wrote:

huh thats not na

Apologies. But in my defense, you didn't exactly specify anything. I just gave what you're looking for which is an all female LoL team.
cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2013 7:54pm | Report
Lies wrote:

Apologies. But in my defense, you didn't exactly specify anything. I just gave what you're looking for which is an all female LoL team.

Yea i was more looking for NA or just someone known i think here pretty new.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2013 8:10pm | Report
Video games are overall still seen as a thing for men and not for women. Also, women are generally less competetive than men which means they are less likely to invest so much time. Last, girls tend to mature at an earlier age than boys and playing games doesn't fit that.
cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2013 5:18am | Report

Video games are overall still seen as a thing for men and not for women. Also, women are generally less competetive than men which means they are less likely to invest so much time. Last, girls tend to mature at an earlier age than boys and playing games doesn't fit that.

I understand that but i find it hard to believe not one has broken out of norm and tried.
DKitten
<Member>
DKitten's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2013 5:49am | Report
Okay, most of the competitive teams are Asian males, period, the end.

Why? Because Asian girls are freaking out over the latest gossip or their latest test grade. Girls of other nationalities aren't that much better.

Hell, even I'm not competitive. I would rather co-operate that compete against someone, which is why it's so hard to get me to do PvP matches. I actually don't like dominating my opponent, and will often remind them to do simple tasks (where's your wards?, you probably should have ganked us for a kill, etc).
Build Guides:

Humor Guides:

Welcome to the wonderful world of supports. How can I help you today?
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide