Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Hextech Annie too hard to obtain? (Bonus chest...

Creator: PaperbagJr March 18, 2016 10:38am
PaperbagJr
<Member>
PaperbagJr's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2016 10:38am | Report
Hey guys, since the hextech chests have released I have opened ~40 chests, Here is the video of me opening the chests for those who are interested.

I was wondering if anyone else though that the gemstone drop rate was a bit low? I opened these 40 chests trying to get some gemstones for the new Annie skin and I have only gotten 1 gemstone out of the 40. I was thinking that this rate was a pretty low. I know that my sample size isnt the biggest to jump to conclusions, but if the drop rate is really 1/40 (or even lower) then that would take a ridiculous amount of time for someone to obtain this new skin. Lets do some math.

Without spending any money on chests, you can get 1 chest per week, or 4 per month. it would take 10 months to get the same amount of chests that I have opened, assuming that you play every week to get your chest. so it would take 10 months per gemstone, and it takes 10 gemstones to craft this skin. So, going off of my math and luck, it would take 100 months, or a little over 8 years, to get the amount of chests needed for the hextech annie skin, without spending any money.

now lets say that you wanted to dump your wallet into these chests until you got this skin. for $20 you can get about 30 chests/keys. if it takes 400 chests to get the skin, then you would need to pay $266 to purchase the chests needed for the skin. now you would have alot of other skins to add to your collection along the way, but this seems a little ridiculous for a single skin. That would make this the second most expensive skin, right under Pax TF.

Does anyone else think that riot should make these gemstones more common?

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide