Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Need a new assassin but don't know which one.

Creator: gammageo May 16, 2016 7:01pm
1 2
gammageo
<Member>
gammageo's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2016 7:01pm | Report
Hi my name is gammageo, I love assassins in league of legends but I want to find a new one. I want a strong assassin and can put up a real fight. The only ones I don't have in the game are Xin Zhao, Kassadin, Katarina, LeBlanc, Pantheon, Twitch, Ahri, Fiora, Irelia, Talon, Xerath, Ekko, Kha'Zix, Kindred and Rengar. I play a decent amount of jungling. I'm also a good mid and adc laner. If you have any suggestions on which few I should pick please leave them down below. Please make your suggestion in-depth. I want raw damage someone who has very strong damage output. I would perfer a laner but i'm also good in jungle.

Thank you
gammageo
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2016 5:37am | Report
"strong assassin and can put up a real fight" "Please make your suggestion in-depth"

Well, to start off, making and in-depth suggestion based on what you said is a little bit difficult. What EXACTLY do you want from this new champion? More mobility? More raw damage? Easier to play and learn? Harder to play? There's an entire variety of assassins based on different aspects.

Having put that aside, I am going to name a few I like:

Pantheon [Top/Mid/Jungle] --> Well, to start off he can be played in three different lanes (occasionally four, if your ADC is crazy enough to have him as Support), which is a big plus and adds to his versatility. I prefer to play him Mid lane as a raw assassin (despite most people considering him a fighter), because he actually counters a lot of champions early game. He has huge snowball potential and can carry super hard provided you know what you're doing with your lead. Some downsides are that he falls off a bit late game and can't do as much and he HEAVILY relies on getting ahead of the enemy, or else it's going to be really hard to come back.

I am in no position to really explain any other champion in depth, but if you take your time to learn Fiora she is absolutely devastating (though she's not really and assassin). Also, Talon is pretty cool to play, but he has a weak early game. LeBlanc and Katarina are also very good, but have a steep learning curve, so you will need a lot of practice.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2016 8:27am | Report
What assassins do you play right now?
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
DisturbedFox
<Inhouse Regular>
DisturbedFox's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2016 9:46am | Report
save up for talon and play him. easy to play and stomps low elo
YslayerZ
<Member>
YslayerZ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2016 12:49pm | Report
You didn't really specify a role, but assuming that you're looking for an assassin that can fill the role of jungle, one of the champions that I'd really recommend is Kha'Zix. He's really strong at the moment, and I feel like he doesn't have a terribly difficult learning curve.

In teamfights, he's more than just a one-trick pony due to his ability to reset his Leap on kills, which overall gives him more flexibility to plan his assassinations. In the best case scenarios, you can jump in to take out a low-health member of their backline and jump right back out. The 900 range of upgraded Leap is seriously nothing to sneeze at.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2016 1:01pm | Report
save up for talon and play him. easy to play and stomps low elo
Y-yes he's so easy haha
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
gammageo
<Member>
gammageo's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2016 1:48pm | Report
To everyone- I usually play fizz, yasuo and tryndamere. I want them good in team fight maybe jungle as well but mostly a strong laner.
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2016 4:58pm | Report
gammageo wrote:
To everyone- I usually play fizz, yasuo and tryndamere. I want them good in team fight maybe jungle as well but mostly a strong laner.

Well the point of an assassin is to actually be BAD in teamfights. You can't have an amazing lane presence and a great teamfight potential, that'd be utterly outrageous . Out of the top of my head, no assassin excels in teamfights, as far as I am aware. Their goal is to ASSASSINATE one target specifically, usually the mid laner or the ADC and get out. Anyway, as YslayerZ said, Kha'Zix may fit what you're looking for. He's not great at teamfighting, but he's not that terrible either...
YslayerZ
<Member>
YslayerZ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2016 6:19pm | Report
Re4XN wrote:

Well the point of an assassin is to actually be BAD in teamfights. You can't have an amazing lane presence and a great teamfight potential, that'd be utterly outrageous . Out of the top of my head, no assassin excels in teamfights, as far as I am aware. Their goal is to ASSASSINATE one target specifically, usually the mid laner or the ADC and get out. Anyway, as YslayerZ said, Kha'Zix may fit what you're looking for. He's not great at teamfighting, but he's not that terrible either...

I wouldn't say this necessarily holds true for all assassins. Ahri is usually considered an assassin but she is able to dish out a good amount of damage over time in teamfights due to the short cooldown of her Orb of Deception. And there are even some champions that can serve as dangerous all around team-fighting threats, which is especially true for fighter/assassins such as Fiora or Yasuo.
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2016 6:53pm | Report
YslayerZ wrote:

I wouldn't say this necessarily holds true for all assassins. Ahri is usually considered an assassin but she is able to dish out a good amount of damage over time in teamfights due to the short cooldown of her Orb of Deception. And there are even some champions that can serve as dangerous all around team-fighting threats, which is especially true for fighter/assassins such as Fiora or Yasuo.

You have the champions that are good in the laning phase, those who are good in teamfights and those who are sort of 50/50. Not entirely sure if all champions fall into these categories (most likely not), but assassins are pretty close.

Ahri is not a true assassin, she's part mage, which definitely helps her during teamfights with the AoE damage of her Orb of Deception. Yasuo has this fantastic ultimate that can wreck entire teams, but his early game isn't something he should be proud of.

What I meant to say was that there are trade offs. You can't have a champion that excels both in the laning phase and in teamfights (which is what the OP wanted and if such a champion existed, it would have been completely broken). At most, the champion will be average at both (50/50).
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide