Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Leona "Balanced"

Creator: SixSonatas July 28, 2011 11:12am
SixSonatas
<Veteran>
SixSonatas's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2011 11:12am | Report
So I was thinking about how Phreak said Leona's balanced because she'll soon be able to go bottom and apparently be on par with other bottom laners. There's essentially a huge problem here with either the metagame returning to tanky DPS or Leona being useless.

Interested in competitive theorycrafting? Come check the thread out.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=12140321
Super old vet that almost never goes on Mobafire anymore. Contact me in game @ SixSonatas and Mobafire chat (NA).
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2011 11:28am | Report
If you have allies to proc your passive, Sunlight consistently, she's a strong champion.

But without allies, she's got the late game of Shen. Totally ignorable.
Shen can't draw good aggro because Ki Strike doesn't do good damage anymore. Leona's the same if allies don't proc Sunlight. She becomes completely damage-less with those crummy base stats on her abilities.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2011 11:42am | Report
I've been playing her this week, and she seems like a more fun, slightly more useful version of Shen.

Problem is she needs to bot lane, and even with a philo stone and a HoG she won't have enough gold income without last hits.
dmarco
<Member>
dmarco's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2011 12:21pm | Report
She sounds okay as a bottom laner with support because you have your support just proccing the hits for you.

But right now she's more designed to babysit, setting up kills for your carries. She's pretty weak right now bottom with support because it's the support doing the majority of the work still, rather than her setting up things for her carry to get fed or to push them out of lane easier.
KillaTheNinja
<Member>
KillaTheNinja's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2011 12:24pm | Report
I've been using Wukong and laning with my friend who uses Leona. :3 It's great...so much punishment, and she help a lot with farming. I've never used her, but from what I've seen she's a pretty good tank...especially with a team of decent AoE.
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2011 5:56pm | Report
Shes a good utility tank but nothing more I don't believe.....
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Atheb
<Member>
Atheb's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2011 12:01am | Report
i mostly play normal games and there it doesnt matter if she fits so well into lanes because there is not always bot carry support and there is not always a jungler

but i could imagine that there is no place for her in competitive play.
tanks normally are jungling or going solo top and she isnt that good at neither.

her and pantheon on a lane are pretty badass though. panth jumpstun leona swordthrow stun. too bad panth is not playable this patch.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2011 12:09am | Report
She's a great support and is amazing at getting your carry fed. It relies on the initial skillshot though so, it's not amazing if you can't land it.
True love is found only in yourself.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide