Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account






Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

7.4 Tier List + AMA

Creator: H4xDefender February 20, 2014 5:06pm
4307 posts - page 52 of 431
TROLLing1999
<Member>
TROLLing1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
1182
Joined:
Apr 3rd, 2013
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2014 7:02am | Report

I dunno, I hardly ever see a Kog'Maw. He does pretty crazy damage but he's very vulnerable, obviously. Vayne and Jinx seem like better options.

Regarding Lucian and Twitch being popular, especially Lucian; I think Draven is seriously underrated atm as he's probably the only ADC who straight up beats Lucian and overall has more damage output. His mobililty is lower, that I admit, but it's by no means terrible.


Twitch actually can potentially beat Lucian in lane under the right circumstances due to his potential damage with Deadly Venom and Contaminate. Another adc that goes even with Lucian regarding trades is Graves and that's why you often see Graves picked into Lucian in the EU LCS.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
6381
Joined:
Jan 10th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2014 7:07am | Report



Twitch actually can potentially beat Lucian in lane under the right circumstances due to his potential damage with Deadly Venom and Contaminate.


Only when he can stealth up to him to get that massive AS boost.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
8064
Joined:
Jun 24th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2014 8:13am | Report
I don't think Draven straight up beats Lucian by any means. He's probably one of the better lane matchups against him but it can still easily go in Lucian's favour and Lucian is a much safer pick. Both Draven and Twitch are capable of trades and all-ins with Lucian but it requires them to extend it for several autoattacks at least, Lucian will always win quick trades with Q + auto unless he's behind and burst harder with his passive.

I quite like Graves against Lucian too, he can push up the wave much faster than Lucian can and he can always trade even in damage because his Q + auto does almost much damage as Lucian's while his passive makes him take less. Lucian has to burn through a lot more mana than Graves in order to keep up with him. I'm pretty sure I've yet to beat a Graves player with Lucian and I play a **** ton of Lucian.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
7950
Joined:
Sep 26th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2014 8:23am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

I don't think Draven straight up beats Lucian by any means. He's probably one of the better lane matchups against him but it can still easily go in Lucian's favour and Lucian is a much safer pick. Both Draven and Twitch are capable of trades and all-ins with Lucian but it requires them to extend it for several autoattacks at least, Lucian will always win quick trades with Q + auto unless he's behind and burst harder with his passive.


Lucian's passive gets outdamaged by Spinning Axe from rank 2 and on. It's fairly easy to get off at least two attacks off before Lucian can back off if Draven uses Blood Rush (properly). A follow-up with Stand Aside can provide even more issues with Lucian. Additionally, Stand Aside can also interrupt The Culling.

Obviously the supports play a big part in any bot lane so it really depends on how much they force and can allow Draven to have the space he wants, but judging on a one on one basis; Draven has a pretty big advantage imo.

Lucian is definitely safer though, especially during the later stages of the game.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
3037
Joined:
Jan 25th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2014 8:32am | Report
SOAC Bas wrote:



His rework, the addition of Braum, the nerfs on kha, annie, and a few others that completely crippled him in lane.


None of which are actual reasons.
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
8064
Joined:
Jun 24th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2014 8:35am | Report
That's not true, Lucian Q + auto vastly outdamages a single Draven auto at rank 2.

Level 3 Lucian Q + auto = 110 + 13.5 + 79 + 39.5 = 242

Level 3 Draven Q + auto = 81 + 44.6 = 125.6

Draven must land two consecutive autoattacks to outdamage and even then it's not by a lot. If you can regularly extend the trades then you're good to go, otherwise it can still be a problematic lane. Whether you can do that or not is very dependant on the supports.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
7950
Joined:
Sep 26th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2014 9:07am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

That's not true, Lucian Q + auto vastly outdamages a single Draven auto at rank 2.

Level 3 Lucian Q + auto = 110 + 13.5 + 79 + 39.5 = 242

Level 3 Draven Q + auto = 81 + 44.6 = 125.6

Draven must land two consecutive autoattacks to outdamage and even then it's not by a lot. If you can regularly extend the trades then you're good to go, otherwise it can still be a problematic lane. Whether you can do that or not is very dependant on the supports.


I said the passive itself, not the Q + the passive, because that's obviously not true. However, I did mention that it's fairly easy to get off two autos if you use Blood Rush correctly; assuming Lucian doesn't E but then again, that would drain Lucian's mana bar really quickly.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
3801
Joined:
Dec 6th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2014 9:10am | Report
I believe corki can outtrade lucian if corki can land his phosphorous bomb off.
It may be a little hard to land phosphorous bomb on him when he gets Relentless Pursuit, but if you can land a Q + AA on lucian before he gets his dash, or when lucian is CCed, you'll probably win the trade
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service


Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
8064
Joined:
Jun 24th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2014 9:12am | Report

I said the passive itself, not the Q + the passive, because that's obviously not true.


Well I mean in order for Lucian to even use his passive he has to Q first. It's a pretty reasonable assumption to make.

utopus wrote:

I believe corki can outtrade lucian if corki can land his phosphorous bomb off.
It may be a little hard to land phosphorous bomb on him when he gets Relentless Pursuit, but if you can land a Q + AA on lucian before he gets his dash, or when lucian is CCed, you'll probably win the trade


Probably, Corki's laning is ridiculous.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
7950
Joined:
Sep 26th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2014 9:21am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:



Well I mean in order for Lucian to even use his passive he has to Q first. It's a pretty reasonable assumption to make.


I didn't say that you shouldn't assume it; I said I was just comparing Spinning Axe to Lightslinger, as they're both AA modifiers.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide