Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Ask an amateur coach/amateur shoutcaster

Creator: extradelicious April 16, 2014 9:35pm
extradelicious
<Lucky Charm>
extradelicious's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 9:35pm | Report
Hi guys, so I'm a coach for two high school star league teams.

The first HSSL team went undefeated in their split, but werent able to proceed to playoffs because of one tie. They're all diamond/plat. They have also joined other tournaments and are undefeated in all of the tournaments they have joined. (got disqualified from one in the semifinals for scheduling conflicts)
The second HSSL team started 5-0 (as in my sig) but has suffered two losses in the season anyway, one against boxbox's high school team (yes, that challenger streamer dude dude) I'm still really proud of them as they're all gold/silver players and they beat some plat/diamond teams.

I've also shoutcasted for a few community tournaments, such as the new york city community league tourney. I've done some others but thats one of the more prominent ones.

It occured to be that theres high and low elo ask a whos but I figure I have a rather unique look on the game as a former player who still connects with the game through other mediums.
Wont be surprised if nobody wants to ask me anything either :D

Feel free to ask me anything!
Proud Coach of MHS League of Legends Teams.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2014 1:05am | Report
I once dreamt i was a pack of cigarettes AMA
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2014 1:45am | Report
How exactly do you coach League?
And if the people you're training are in diamond wouldnt they have better knowledge about champion counters/warding etc than you?

Basically MOBAFire.
extradelicious
<Lucky Charm>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2014 11:05am | Report
Im not actually gold, its just an account i use to play with friends in normals.

I don't actually tell them much about champion counters, they all know that already. However in cases they aren't sure WHY a champion counters another champion, I can brief them on why.

Warding is actually a huge problem among both teams: they rarely have enough vision at objectives and it frequently results in them sacrificing a bit of their lead.

As to how i coach league, to start, i give my team members 1 on 1 mechanics training or 1 on 1 matchup training so that they can play matchups that might happen in their next game.

I scout out the teams they are about to play and i look for champs to ban, potential strategies to run. for example, sometimes if i have a lot of time ill try and spectate the other team's previous games and see if theres anything to exploit i.e. slow rotations or improper positioning in team fights. Or if the team has a definitive laner who is much better than the rest of the team, stuff like that.

I also make sure that they get proper amounts of training on the basics, such as cs training. I make sure everyone on the team does 20 minutes of cs practice every day.
extradelicious
<Lucky Charm>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2014 11:07am | Report
Mooninites wrote:

I once dreamt i was a pack of cigarettes AMA

heh

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide