Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Athene's Unholy Grail

Creator: VexRoth June 19, 2018 6:57am
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2018 6:57am | Report
Can someone explain Athene's Unholy Grail and the way Janna's Eye of the Storm interacts with it?

If I'm reading it correctly, it looks like the Athene's stores up part of the damage that Janna does and then uses those charges whenever she shields someone in order to heal them.

I've had two games of late that were squarely decided by the fact that we could not kill the carry that the Janna was shielding. So I'm both a bit salty and I also want to understand if there is a way to play around it.

In one game this was despite a Malphite ult on top of a Yasuo ult onto a Miss Fortune.

In another game we knocked their Yasuo down to about 1 block of his health bar and then Janna shielded him for what looked like the entirety of his health bar. Like the whole thing filled back up completely with the silvery/greyish shielded blocks.

This is post 8.12 with the nerfs to shield durations on supports but buffs to Athene's.

Do I need to just run away from whoever she shields with a full ?proc? from Athene's and then go back in after the shield wears off?
Hamstertamer
<Veteran>
Hamstertamer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2018 11:02am | Report
VexRoth wrote:

If I'm reading it correctly, it looks like the Athene's stores up part of the damage that Janna does and then uses those charges whenever she shields someone in order to heal them.

Basically, yes. It's a 250 heal at max charges/level whenever she shields someone.

It's healing so grievous wounds works against it (it's not bad against Janna anyways), but that's about it.

Sounds like you facerushed an MF and you got Janna'd. I wouldn't do that. If I was playing Malph I would be trying to cancel MF's ulti, either that or going for the big 4-man ult / peel your own carries.

Janna punishes aggressive play. So the counterplay is to let them play aggressive and punish them on it.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2018 1:43pm | Report

Basically, yes. It's a 250 heal at max charges/level whenever she shields someone.

It's healing so grievous wounds works against it (it's not bad against Janna anyways), but that's about it.

Sounds like you facerushed an MF and you got Janna'd. I wouldn't do that. If I was playing Malph I would be trying to cancel MF's ulti, either that or going for the big 4-man ult / peel your own carries.

Janna punishes aggressive play. So the counterplay is to let them play aggressive and punish them on it.

Eye of the Watchers +35AP (50% mana regen)
Twin Shadows +70AP
Athene's Unholy Grail +30AP (100% mana regen)
-Dissonance (+5AP/25% mana regen)
Fiendish Codex +35AP

Shield is typically maxed by level 9. This Janna was level 12 at the time.

200 AP (yes we were getting our ***es kicked. This shielding and healing didn't help anything).

Shield is for 210 + 0.70% AP (200AP = 140) = Total Shield value of 350.

And then you get a heal of 100-250 blood charges (at level 12 it wouldn't be max so lets say it heals 175)

350 + 175 = 525? (shield + healing from Athene's)

Yas was about level 15 and so probably had about 1800 HP (2002 max at level 18).

Maybe my recollection is off, but my perception was that we had him dead to rights and then he had his entire health bar (in shield) back and he killed us before we could burn through the shield.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide