Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Bizarre jungling idea I had.

Creator: Lugignaf October 30, 2011 9:41am
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2011 9:41am | Report
So, you take two junglers that can do amazingly well in top lane. Both take smite but one starts in the jungle and does his route.
Whenever a lane gets tough, they can just swap and get ganks.

It makes for faster baroning and dragoning as well as better buff control.

Thoughts?
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2011 9:44am | Report
WW+ Udyr.. Nasus+ Irelia... Some decent combos... :)

But instead of double smite (not useful often enough) I'd start with cho in lane and get free Smite with ultimate.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2011 9:57am | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

So, you take two junglers that can do amazingly well in top lane. Both take smite but one starts in the jungle and does his route.
Whenever a lane gets tough, they can just swap and get ganks.

It makes for faster baroning and dragoning as well as better buff control.

Thoughts?

This would be stupid imo. You'd both be under-levelled, and the top laner will be able to destroy you due to you having half the cs you normally have, not to mention the waste of summoner spells.

Edit:
Also, if you're winning top lane, the idea is pointless - and it completely destroys the idea of counter picking for top lane. They need to be able to jungle AND top lane WELL, so there's limited champions to pick to counter top lane and the jungle.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2011 10:18am | Report
It's not stupid, simply impractical.

The issue with the concept is that some top laners do not make ideal junglers and vice versa. Say you had a jungle Fiddlesticks he can't hold top lane against an Udyr or Irelia. The second issue being, some junglers are EXTREMELY mana dependant like Skarner, Fiddlesticks, Udyr (depending on stance preference). There are just a number of variables.

I'm not saying it isn't doable but considering most of the time junglers remain underleveled unless they're able to get their ganks, it has more issues than are easily rectifable to make it "better" than the current system. Perhaps after the supposed jungle re-work it would be viable. Weaker, faster spawning camps, and a red buff for move speed. New jungle routes inccoming as well as the viability of 90% of the current available champions to be in the jungle. It will add some interesting tweaks.
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2011 10:28am | Report
Sounds doable but isn't optimal.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Phoenix0000ff
<Member>
Phoenix0000ff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2011 11:05am | Report
I'd say sounds nice but isn't good on paper. Double jungle is nice but I'd like to think a jungler as being the second weakest on a team in the metagame (weakest would be support).

Sure this could sustain a lane but both junglers would not be maxing their experience. Under leveled top lane is a dangerous idea and it's possible top could end up 1v2ing both junglers.

But stranger things have worked. I guess it depends on what teams are but my vote still says this is impractical.
Self proclaimed worlds best Jungle Twitch player
You can find my one and only guide here.
I love you.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide