Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Build Variation

Creator: Trojan995 November 24, 2010 3:09pm
6 posts - page 1 of 1
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2010 3:09pm | Report
How different (In terms of runes, items, masteries, summoner spells, skill order, and description) do you think a build must be from your playstyle to warrant creating a whole new build based on your ideas?
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2010 3:35pm | Report
Depends on the champ. If it's linear like Tryndamere (PD, IE, yaaay) then it's okay to post a build but it's essentially the same (no offense to anyone that takes it.)

caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2010 3:45pm | Report
Trojan995 wrote:

build must be from your playstyle

so, its not the same as the one you normally role? or different from a build here in moba?
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2010 4:17pm | Report
I was mainly wondering if a minor variation could warrant an entirely new build. For instance, changing 1 or 2 items and maybe having minor mastery differences.

@Caucheka

Maybe a better way to rephrase that question would be...

How different must a published build be from your optimal build to warrant creating your own build, maybe loosely based on that build but not exactly the same?
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2010 4:24pm | Report
if you feel its a new build you can post it, its ultimately up to you. however i personally would never consider posting a build if it was going for the same effect. ie 2 different support tarics. i would just change your build to a guide and explain why each item is good.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Chaotic Bliss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2010 4:53pm | Report
Personally, If you want to have a 'New Build', make it just that.

I think Im a prime example of 'making new builds'. Many of my builds arent what you see or first think of when you hear a champ.

Example: Atma's Teemo. No one would ever think to build Teemo with so much health and use an Atma's Impaler. Thats new.

Or maybe Nidalee: The Savage Support. Thats new too. Who else plays Nidalee as support?

Im not promoting my builds, Im just saying that if you want to make something new, do just that. Find something that no one has done, or very few have done but not been successful with (Tiger Stance Burst), and improve on it.

If you are going to build something that is just slightly different, make sure what you change is noticable. This will take some time, unless you have an idea already in your mind

Links below lead to victory. Choose your path

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Skype me at: chaotic_bliss1

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide