Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Dealing with the community

Creator: Totallymeh December 9, 2011 6:18am
1 2
Totallymeh
<Member>
Totallymeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2011 6:18am | Report
Hello!

I've been playing LoL since release and I've never been an angry sob or identified myself as a rager...
But how in the world do you deal with some of these people without resorting to their level?

Having to play on the same team with a herpderp that says "kid" to everything you say really is rage inducing.

I hate to admit it but I'm pretty much starting to flame these people myself.

Because I'm pretty much experiencing first hand that Tribunal is not helping at all.
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2011 6:26am | Report
/ignore is not a bad command. And I would also suggest that you don't talk to them except ss:ing and pinging.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2011 6:28am | Report
Out of curiosity, do you do the tribunal?
Don't complain about something not working if you don't participate it it.

Other than the initial GL HF at the beginning of a match, try restricting chat to things like "gj" "nj" "mia/ss" or yelling at your duo-queue partner. Yelling at randoms isn't going to help at all.
True love is found only in yourself.
Totallymeh
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2011 6:38am | Report
Uh I used to participate in the Tribunal. Then I saw it going nowhere... in 3 months time it managed to ...remove none of the trolls I run into daily.
You really start seeing what a small world it is when you run into the same troll at least half a dozen times a week.

I start the game by being positive and saying good job.

But after that it just all goes downhill, people want you to suicide with them and if you don't you get spammed, harassed and trolled.

Last night some guy spam sent friend invites to me, determined to find out my true elo because apparantly I'm a "kid noob fail0r that waynes".
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2011 6:39am | Report
Ignore the baddies

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Totallymeh
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2011 6:41am | Report
So sad that I have to resort to playing this game like a single player when it really does infact involve other people.

Even though some of them might be mouth breathers...
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2011 6:45am | Report
What I do : At the begining of the game, I say GLHF, and ignore EVERY single player of the enemy team. After that, I only use chat to say gl or mia. If one of my team start *****ing, /ignore right away. It works for me. My ELO is climbimg, slowly.

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
Yougan
<Member>
Yougan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2011 6:47am | Report
If they're doing this to you, just facepalm. :D
If they're doing this to someone else, maybe defend that person?
That person might be happier and gets happy to other people :D

Thanks to jhoijhoi, Brynolf, Jeffy40hands, Samoh, MissMaw, Vavena, Koksei and The-Nameless-Bard for my signs
ExamplePrime
<Member>
ExamplePrime's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2011 6:49am | Report
Get a team of mates

Or just realise how pathetic they are better, stand back, laugh at how pathetic they ARE being and continue on.

And using /ignore is useful at times, and remember to block real bad offenders after game
Shameless plug: www.youtube.com/Exampleprime
---
I play games, I write stories. And I make youtube videos that are way to long.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2011 7:04am | Report
Be as friendly and communicative as you can be whilst playing well.

If someone starts flaming or trolling, ignore them and don't respond in any way, because responding will only make it worse. Internet trolls and flamers THRIVE on attention.

If someone's playing badly by suiciding or getting caught, try to politely tell them what they're doing wrong, and if that doesn't work, ignore them and stop helping them.

Odds are you'll still lose the game, though.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide