Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

DEWO spam build? Valid or Not?

Creator: DEWO October 6, 2010 1:05am
1 2
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2010 1:05am | Report
I had an idea, of making a MOBAFire build, that would consist my ideas on particular champions.
My guides take some time to complete and the idea would be making a build with 5-10 champions, with my ideas for items/runes/masteries bla bla bla but WITHOUT desc.
This could be considered a spam build since i hate builds without description and clarification on the items and such, so i'm askin is this a good idea or i should just stick to my old way of posting guides when they are 100% finished?
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
BoreThem
<Member>
BoreThem's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2010 2:07am | Report
To what i see your builds are very well done. Your idea could actually work since you can get other peoples opinions/ think about what they're opinions would do/work, and actually imply it to your own guide. I guess you can say it would be a Community Guide/build instead of your own? not really sure. My only question is that when u do post it up, are u going to be updating the Desc while everyone is (so called spamming)? or are you just going to leave as be and let the comments/posts do the talking?
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2010 2:16am | Report
The desc will not be inserted. I will just give info what the idea of this is, and what changes i've done or what champions i will add/remove and so on.

When a comment comes, i will eventualy give the idea a closer look and if it will be valid, i will change it in the champion setup and later on implement on full guide when that one will be finished.

Main idea is that ppl often ask me for (most of all my Udyr Guide) and it is far from completing. I have the idea, but it is still WiP. And via this idea i would post the overall idea of the champ in my eyes.

BoreThem
<Member>
BoreThem's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2010 2:22am | Report
Ahh i see, yea i can actually see this working, BTW how long does it take for you to finsh a guide? they are really thought out well and I was wondering how long the process was because you seem like a person that really loves LoL since the Beta (new to the Forums) =P
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2010 2:46am | Report
Never played Beta. I started lol on December/January. My 1st guide was Yi and i posted it here on Feb. By that time i played him constantly from lvl 3-15 or sth like that. Than i started WW.

Usualy it takes about 2-3 months of casual playing and testing diferent stuff and builds (this can be shorter if champion idea is realy plin and easy (Vlad? Pantheon?).
I store my builds in .doc's on my pc (easier for me to edit them). The process of creating a build takes about 2 weeks. In that time i usualy play practice games, testing and theorycrafting the ideas i found most vital. Than it takes about 1 week to polish stuff. So it is more or less 3weeks-1month when i finished my data collecting :)

Dirty Goolash
<Veteran>
Dirty Goolash's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2010 5:41am | Report
So they would be like previews to your guides until you complete them?
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2010 5:55am | Report
more or less. Everything exept description.

Diesel
<Veteran>
Diesel's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2010 7:24am | Report
I would just wait until you're done with the guide completely. Most people that don't read the forums would probably have a hissy fit seeing one of your builds not done to your standards no matter how many times you tell them.
ExamplePrime
<Member>
ExamplePrime's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2010 7:52am | Report
A month to make a build... 0_o

If you posted the builds up then I'm sure we could scrutinise them for you
Shameless plug: www.youtube.com/Exampleprime
---
I play games, I write stories. And I make youtube videos that are way to long.
Dirty Goolash
<Veteran>
Dirty Goolash's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2010 12:16pm | Report
Well I personally support it. Maybe not NO description whatsoever, but something short and sweet could work I think.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide