Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Does a meta where Aatrox is dominant exist?

Creator: Stylistical May 29, 2015 9:59am
1 2
Stylistical
<Member>
Stylistical's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2015 9:59am | Report
I love Aatrox, and only a very hard nerf would make me stop playing him, although the chances of one of the most unpopular champions in game being nerfed is highly unlikely. I still play huk even though he doesn't fit into the meta. However my question is, is there a meta where he would dominant? How many champions would need to get nerfed and how many item changes would it take to make him dominant? Are there any chances that this strange meta would ever exist?

Right now he just isn't tanky enough to fit the jungle meta and he doesn't do enough damage to make up for his lack of tankiness.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2015 10:07am | Report
He's currently passable as a top laner because he's strong early game (Because of his passive), and rather resistant to ganks (because of his passive). His problems lie in the fact that his "tankiness" is artificial (life stealing/healing) rather than direct. Unless we're in a meta were grievous wounds ceases to exist, Aatrox will always be undervalued.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2015 10:14am | Report
Nah Aatrox is useless.

It'll take him a set of buffs to his kit and a couple of nerfs to pretty much any tank before he'll rise again. He just cannot snowball his lane enough to make up for his terrible teamfighting and late game.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2015 10:19am | Report
Vynertje wrote:
Nah Aatrox is useless.

It'll take him a set of buffs to his kit and a couple of nerfs to pretty much any tank before he'll rise again. He just cannot snowball his lane enough to make up for his terrible teamfighting and late game.

This is what happens when Riot insists that melee dps is a thing.

It's either bad ( Aatrox, Gangplank, Tryndamere)

Or it's so ******ed it needs to be nerfed every patch until it's bad ( Yasuo)

Edit: but let's at least be fair to Aatrox, he's the only 1 of the 4 that makes a decent meatshield.
Waschbaerkebab
<Member>
Waschbaerkebab's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2015 2:08am | Report
Maybe someone want to punch me now directly in my face, but...
is he not something like "strong" in the tank-meta?
I think you buy Botrk etc. on him, and thats good against tanks-isn't it? And most other tanks do't have so much lifesteal, so he can fight almost everyone 1vs1. Also he has a more or less good engage in a fight...

I dont play him, and that was the first thing which goes through my brain. Yes, I have one :P
Vaan99
<Member>
Vaan99's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2015 8:08am | Report
No, there is no such meta where aatrox is best choice. All things he does other champions do better.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2015 1:23pm | Report
he was a decent jungler last meta (carry jg) but even so, like others have mentioned, there aren't much benefits to playing him over other champs.

regardless, if you want to play him you still can. he's not unplayable - hes just not optimal
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2015 2:28pm | Report
In regards to the Bork making him good against tanks thing. Nah. That assumes he can hit people through all the CC.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2015 5:14pm | Report
Aatrox is another one of these broken champions that are never truly balanceable until a rework.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2015 5:25pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
Aatrox is another one of these broken champions that are never truly balanceable until a rework.

I've had some thoughts for a theoretical rework that ties to his lore better. What do you think of him being more of a supportish tank than a selfish bruiser, as his lore implies?
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide