Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Forced patcher switch

Creator: Lugignaf May 3, 2011 11:21am
1 2 3 4
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2011 11:21am | Report
So, RIOT decided that the new patcher was complete and forced it on all of us. From all you people who have had it for a wile (I refused to switch for as long as possible) how is it better? Is there anything I should do to make it work better? Do you like it?
Discuss..... now!
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2011 11:29am | Report
Mine is still switching over now. I haven't really thought about the possible differences, but I suppose they figured it was ready (and better) with the ridiculous amount of lag over the past couple of days.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2011 11:32am | Report
It seems like the patching of the patcher is taking longer than it used to.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2011 11:39am | Report
Oh, yes. Very much so. And mine had to restart... -.-
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Riggsinator
<Member>
Riggsinator's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2011 11:43am | Report
Jebus. This is slower than watching Taric fight a Taric.
"Thats a paddlin'"
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2011 11:47am | Report
That's not True. I know Taric will win so, I stop watching.
Side note:I stared this thread when I started "patching" and it's still not done.
True love is found only in yourself.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2011 12:29pm | Report
The main patcher finished for me ten minutes ago, but the updating is an all out Taric-fight. So I spend my extra time cleaning, eating, writing, drawing, and might even go make some money today.

Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2011 12:38pm | Report
IMO the new patched is ready now, if they released it a month ago, you would be even more pissed. Trust me, a 5 hour update is absolutely bs.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2011 1:04pm | Report
And my updates just keep restarting. Fml...

It gets to 33% updates and 99% of step 1/2 patching, sits there 5 minutes, and then restarts. Same thing over and over.

Visfarix
<Member>
Visfarix's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2011 1:49pm | Report
New patcher is taking quite a bit longer than I remember when i first got it

But eh it shouldn't be very different from the old patcher. I remember when the beta patcher first came out it caused loading time to increase massively on a lot of computers and made me revert back to the old patcher. Now they seem to have fixed that so loading time is about the same as on the old patcher so i'm not too annoyed about the switch

I just want to keep smiling FOREVER
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide