Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Help picking next champ to master

Creator: ScrubDubbins February 3, 2013 7:38am
1 2
ScrubDubbins
<Member>
ScrubDubbins's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 3, 2013 2:34pm | Report
I suppose I'm using the term gank improperly. I meant to kill easily, which, granted you can catch axes sounds like draven can do. Jungling is mostly leveling on the wolves and such correct? Whenever i've done that I find myself many levels behind and with little gold.
ShoreXShot
<Member>
ShoreXShot's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 3, 2013 3:08pm | Report
OK the term gank basically means the jungler(my main role) or any other lane goes to another lane to GANG up and KILL said lane. So most often this is term is attributed to a jungler as that is really one of his main jobs. Also it is kinda hard to jungle pre-30 so don't right it off. You need the right runes and masteries to really do well.

Also I would say that you shouldn't be buying 6300 champs as you will need ip for runes when you hit 20. You should really have at least 10k ip for runes when you hit lv 20. So it should be fine to grab some other champs, but I would try and buy some of the cheaper champs in the 450-1350 range until you get some runes. This range has some very strong champs well worth learning such as Jax, Malphite, Singed, Cho'Gath, Kayle, and Ryze. You will see all of these champs played in high level solo-que and tournaments. Of you are going for early kill potential I would probably go kayle out of this group, but if you are looking for for a more universally good champs all of these are great.

Jax: slightly weak early game but massive carry potential late game. One of the strongest hyper-carries in game. He can top(Best), jungle, and mid

Malphite: Supper tanky and grate against most bruisers in top lane. He has amazing team fight and interrupter skills. He can top(Best), jungle, and mid

Singed: Only weak for first couple of levels and then one of the hardest champs to kill in the game. He is just a massive annoyance late game and will make plays by catching the carries and trowing them into the middle of the team so they can kill him. He is best at top.

Cho'gath: He has several builds so he can go AP or AD/AS. He has great team fight presences with AOE nock-up and silence, true damage nuke ult, and can have 3k health without really any health items. He can top, jungle(most often seen here but good in both positions), mid

Kayle: She is just a really strong lane right now. She can't really be countered easily, has strong ult that gives invincibility for a short time, a heal/haste, and massive dps. She can do most any position in game although a lot of people are taking her mid with ability power and attack speed builds.

Ryze: One tanky ap mid that will absolutely destroy late game. His early game is kind of weak but one of the best late games in terms of the damage he can put out and take.

Just my 2 cents... maybe a dollar with this wall of text lol.

Hope this helps.
If you felt I contributed or am just cool, drop me some rep +1 rep?
This and anything I say are my opinions (in no way facts), that are continually evolving as time goes on,
as I am far from an expert and always striving to learn more.
Bellpepper
<Member>
Bellpepper's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 3, 2013 3:09pm | Report
You really should go to the 'top rated' guides and read the guide about jungling.

Draven definitly has alot of kill potential but he's still difficult to play, because you have to keep track of your axes while doing everything else.

If you want to kill alot of people play an assassin type character like Kha'Zix or just straight up AD Carrys. If you read a few guide to the specific champion you might get an opinion on the champion and can make the decision to buy them. Don't just listen to us telling you what you should buy, because it's you playing the Champion in any case.

If you want some general advice though, try looking at a few videos about the character (for example look at Ciderhelms youtube channel and watch their episode) and if you say to yourself "wow I wanna do that" go buy the champion, read a few guides so you have more than just one opinion on how to play them and then just have fun.
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2013 1:16am | Report
Nocturne. because he's one of the coolest champs ever to be designed.
Krznixtkransj
<Member>
Krznixtkransj's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2013 1:30am | Report
Singed is the best right now.
1350 IP for the best Champion in the game.
Has an unique learning curve, but is a strong pick.

You can't chase him.
You can't kill him.
You can't ignore his laugh!
ScrubDubbins
<Member>
ScrubDubbins's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2013 9:30am | Report
Wow what excellent advice from you all! Ciderhelm's videos are a great way to figure out what a Champion does. I think I will pick up Singed and Draven as I will have the time from 14-20 to replenish to 10k IP for Runes. :)
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2013 9:41am | Report
+Rep me if i'm useful!
Babit
<Member>
Babit's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2013 12:27pm | Report
Lee Sin man. He is a challenge to master and a BLAST when you do.

1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide