Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Help picking next champ to master

Creator: ScrubDubbins February 3, 2013 7:38am
1 2
ScrubDubbins
<Member>
ScrubDubbins's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 3, 2013 7:38am | Report
I am looking for ideas on my next champion to buy. I currently own Garen, Orianna, and Katarina. Please give reasoning for your suggestions.

I am quickly approaching the 6300 IP mark at level 14. I currently own Orianna, Katarina, and Garen. I am looking for another champion to master. I enjoy champs with high learning curves, but not a necessity. Replay value is important to me :)

I have been considering, Lee Sin, Draven, Shaco, and Nocture. Definitely open to suggestions as there are so many!

Types of Champs I find boring are Brand, Sion, Pantheon stuff like that. Would prefer to play a male champion.

Thank your for your suggestions and time!

P.S. Thank you to the MobaFire community for the great work you're doing. I love the guides, they have certainly improved my gameplay!
Bellpepper
<Member>
Bellpepper's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 3, 2013 8:06am | Report
Do you have any specific role you want to play?

I mean Lee Sin, Shaco and Nocturne are pretty good junglers. Draven is a nice ADC I guess, although I don't really like playing him. And well, Rammus isn't all that great in my opinion, since buying resistances got expensive (and black cleaver cuts through his passive and everyone gets it), he isn't a very good laner and his jungling didn't get any better either, although if he can get some assists and/or kills he becomes quite nice as initiator.
ScrubDubbins
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 3, 2013 9:19am | Report
Thanks for the reply BellPepper.

A champ that scales well throughout the game and is pretty versatile. Jungle/Top I play aggressively even as Orianna.

I enjoy laneing, i don't have a jungler yet and im certainly not opposed to the idea. Why do you not like Draven? I enjoy playing skill shot champs and something that takes some effort and thought; tanking is not my forte. I will rule out Rammus right now then.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 3, 2013 10:10am | Report
Irelia top
Maokai jungle
Olaf both

also Riven for both roles, but better toplane, imo.

As requested to GMD himself.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 3, 2013 10:49am | Report
You are only a master, if you master the master, Master Yi.
Anastasios
<Member>
Anastasios's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 3, 2013 10:52am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

You are only a master, if you master the master, Master Yi.

Your skills are inferior.

Many thanks to MissMaw, LaCorpse, Xiron, Arcana3 and Joxuu for making me sigs!
ScrubDubbins
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 3, 2013 12:25pm | Report
Ugh, Master Yi is so... yi. Haha, looking for something a little more unique. I played the free play on Riven. While it was fun, it felt like her skills weren't anything out of the ordinary.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 3, 2013 12:55pm | Report
Lee Sin and Shaco both got pretty substantial nerfs recently. I wouldn't necessarily pick them up. I've played Lee Sin quite extensively and right now I think he's pretty weak.

Nocturne is good. I think he's really underrated, but kind of loses out on full potential in solo queue because his ult requires some coordination.

You seem to like bruisers, so how about Renekton or maybe Irelia?
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
ScrubDubbins
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 3, 2013 1:40pm | Report
Thank you Mooninite. I do enjoy playing bruisers and skill shots. I really enjoy Lux and Sona during their free rotation, but i'm looking for something with better ganking potential. I don't mind squishy characters as long as they are quick. To best honest I was really thinking draven would be fun, but heard he is easily countered. I did not read of the nerf on Lee Sin, only on Shaco. Can you link me to it?
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 3, 2013 2:21pm | Report
Quoted:

Shaco

Deceive
Range reduced to 400 from 500

Two-Shiv Poison
Slow reduced at earlier ranks to 10/15/20/25/30% from 20/22.5/25/27.5/30%

that's from the most recent, season 3 patch

Quoted:

Safeguard:
Fixed a bug where the tooltip incorrectly stated that Lee Sin regained energy when the shield was broken.
Iron Will:
No longer grants armor while active.
Life steal and spell vamp increased to 5/10/15/20/25% from 5/9/13/17/21%.
Cripple:
Slow amount reduced at earlier ranks to 20/30/40/50/60% from 30/37.5/45/52.5/60%.
Range reduced to 600 from 800.

and that's from the previous patch. The most recent 2 patches, both have seen nerfs

I don't really understand what you mean by 'ganking potential' and quick. Are you specifically looking for a jungler then? I don't think Draven is that easily countered, and he's fairly difficult to play. Maybe try Jarvan IV. Honestly, I have no idea what you want. When you say gank potential I assume you mean jungler but then you throw out ideas like Draven
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide