Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

How to lane against Darius?

Creator: Stylistical February 16, 2015 8:25am
Stylistical
<Member>
Stylistical's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2015 8:25am | Report
Out of all the time I've spent in top lane, the one champion I just can not win lane against is Darius. How do you lane against him? The most luck I've ever had is with Aatrox, and even then once we hit 6 Darius started slapping my face around the lane, and I couldn't do anything. I just can not do it. Any tips?

I know poke him to death, but it doesn't matter how much I do that, he just pulls me in when I poke him, and he does a lot more damage than I do much faster.
Blian
<Member>
Blian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2015 8:41am | Report
First things first you should only harass while his E is on CD or if you have a champion with high mobility you can bait him but that requires serious skills or at least good zoning abilities.

Secondly you should consider picking champions like: Jayce, Kayle, Teemo, Yorick, Renekton or Cho'Gath. You can easily counter him with any of the mentioned above.

The serious problem only starts when you are way behind. Then you need a jungler presence like very often.
Stylistical
<Member>
Stylistical's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2015 10:03am | Report
Blian wrote:
First things first you should only harass while his E is on CD or if you have a champion with high mobility you can bait him but that requires serious skills or at least good zoning abilities.

Secondly you should consider picking champions like: Jayce, Kayle, Teemo, Yorick, Renekton or Cho'Gath. You can easily counter him with any of the mentioned above.

The serious problem only starts when you are way behind. Then you need a jungler presence like very often.

He's is legitimately the only champion I can not win against. I don't know why I can not win, no matter how well I do pre-6, no matter how much I out farm him, no matter how much I poke him, as soon as it hits 6, I'm dead, and he snowballs out of control. When I play him I do terrible. I can't play him, and I haven't learned how to play against him yet. He is the bane of my existence. Thank you for the tips, and hopefully I'll be able to learn how to not get continuously dunked by the dunk master.

Another thing that I've had happen to me with him is that when I play against him, they always seem to be Darius mains. I don't know why, but anytime I'm laning against him, the person playing him mains him. Strange and highly annoying coincidence.
Blian
<Member>
Blian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2015 10:14am | Report
Darius is a QWERish player so you don't really need some Ć¼ber skills to seem like you main him.

The most annoying pick that I can think about right now is Teemo with MS quints so you can keep poking him with your E plus AA.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2015 10:14am | Report
As a Darius player myself, I advice you to ask your jungler to gank your lane as often as possible. Darius pushes the lane pretty much automatically AND is very immobile making him a real easy gank target. If the jungler is busy doing other stuff, just try to AFK farm and stay out of the hook range of Darius.

Darius is mainly an early-midgame champ, so if you don't feed him too much, you and your team should be able to outscale him and dominate the Darius.

Also:
Another thing that I've had happen to me with him is that when I play against him, they always seem to be Darius mains. I don't know why, but anytime I'm laning against him, the person playing him mains him. Strange and highly annoying coincidence.
Mastering Darius is really easy. Build ravenous, black cleaver and randuins. Know the range of Darius E and know the damage of his ult. Boom you mastered Darius.
Change is gooooood
Picture by: My valentine; jamespongebob <3
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
njdfan
<Member>
njdfan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2015 11:13am | Report
Maybe this is a fluke, but I completely wrecked a Darius yesterday playing Lissandra, I kept just out of range of his Q and her W roots so if I suspected he was going to ult once he landed an E or Q I rooted him with W, shot him with my Q and got some seperation. Another suggestion I would have is to try cho gath or Garen, Darius is reliant on finishing things off with his ult, so if his ult is up and he lands a q or e on you, use your silence to break his combo. This works against Riven as well.

As has been mentioned before, your jungler can be key against him. He doesn't have much mobility and a kha zix etc should be able to keep him honest.

Myself, I love Darius and he's a champ that can do good dmg and tank pretty well, but my experience has been good mobility or range gives him a lot of trouble.
ArgusGaming
<Member>
ArgusGaming's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2015 12:00pm | Report
To be honest it is kinda hard to go 1 on 1 vs Darius. If you can fake that you go in, then he uses his Q (which deals a lot of damage). Then you dodge it. Then go in again. But this depends on what champ you are using. The champ I prefer vs Darius is Riven. Easy to go out, easy to go in. I also recommend Lee Sin.

Try not to let him stack his bleed passive. The more stacks the more damage does his ultimate. So maybe you should try go all in when he doesn't have any stacks on you? Ofc if you have your ult, flash (maybe ignite).

If you got more questions please ask me.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2015 1:44pm | Report
Bait the E, bait the Q, destroy him. It's all about 'weaving' in and out of combat. I'd suggest asking a friend to do practice 1v1's with you.

When playing AAtrox, pre6, you'll want to try to trade with him, and then lifesteal back up without being cheesed. If your friends are busy and you're on NA, you're more than welcome to add me in game, and i'll do some 1v1's with you.

Darius has a slight advantage post 6.
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2015 5:44am | Report
bad darius players are really easy to beat, just dance in and out of his q range and dont get hooked into creeps

his all in is weak if he misses bonus damage on q, so if u have instant gap closer and big burst u can all in him
ArgusGaming
<Member>
ArgusGaming's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2015 5:58pm | Report
if you feel that you never can beat a Darius even though you try many times, maybe you should actually start playing him on a normal basis. The reason is that you will understand when you (as Darius) is having a hard time in lane. When you are doing good, and so on. What do you think about that?

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide