Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Irelia Still OP?

Creator: XDotaIsBetterX April 21, 2012 9:26pm
24 posts - page 1 of 3
1 2 3
XDotaIsBetterX
<Member>
XDotaIsBetterX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2012 9:26pm | Report
Recently I just got Irelia and I've been playing her for for almost 2 weeks now. I've seen and heard before in Live streams that they would always joke about Irelia being OP, and that riot should nerf her. I don't know what I have missed, but I think she's far from OP. I feel like I was just playing a somewhat similar champion to her, Warwick or some might say Lanewick. (since Irelia is known for Solo top) And then my friend told me that she got nerf recently (Since I don't follow much LoL News) What I'm trying to say is that, is Irelia still OP like before?

I really hope she's was worth buying xD

and speaking of worth buying

What champion do you think is the least worth buying? I'm guessing a lot of people would say "Evelynn"

Click the +rep button and I'll send Sona to your house as a gift.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2012 9:35pm | Report
According to the LoL forums, she was never OP for some mid game reasons I forgot. I think it was because she sucked a bit in teamfights and had no reliable hard CC.

Least worth buying would be an easy-mode champion imo because they're too easy. Champions like Blitzcrank.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2012 10:09pm | Report
she wasnt ever OP. just ppl werent so sure about how to counter her. she even got nerfed quite a bit, so she's even weaker now. now she's only 4800 IP. so i guess if you want, wait till she's free, play her mad that week, and determine if you actually want her. there are a lot of champs to choose from, so spend your IP wisely.
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2012 10:11pm | Report
i actually think evelynn is a really fun champs. get past your early game superb weakness, and you can still be a viable champ. shes looked down on often. since she's so cheap, i wouldnt say dun buy her. i'd say, dun buy champs riot overpriced just because they've been recently released. since riot is also recently lowering the prices of some 6300 champs, you might wanna wait more to make the right decision for you.
GrimmFate
<Member>
GrimmFate's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2012 11:36pm | Report

What champion do you think is the least worth buying?

idunno, Heimerdinger. Even though I'd buy him just for the joke/taunt.
LaronX
<Member>
LaronX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2012 2:53am | Report
Her sustain was the thing that made her sooo strong with the change they didn't really hit it as the skill has pretty low manacosts. 40 mana for uber sustain and true dmg. I got no problem to pay this.
Thanks lgnition for the Sig.
Katjoesja
<Member>
Katjoesja's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2012 3:23am | Report
She is OP in the right hands, but so are all champions. It's just that Irelia is too stronk and that Riot could better nerf her.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2012 8:11am | Report
Irelia is fine as is...They've done enough. People that think she's still OP probably are just mad because they can't beat her when they see her. Or they play some different role rather than top and watch her get fed by their teammates.
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2012 8:26am | Report
Irelia is not op, but better nerf Irelia.

We have a meta that is based on hard cc, and she counters that. She needs other counters.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Babit
<Member>
Babit's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2012 9:45am | Report
Shes not OP her mechanics are just awesome, fun, and versatile. If you want her buy her, no matter what she is going to be a ton of fun for you when you play her and she is still very viable, just a slightly higher skill cap now.

1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide